× Members

Assessors qualifications

More
4 years 9 months ago #232444 by CHRISSIE
Assessors qualifications was created by CHRISSIE
My friend was recently assessed for his PIP f2f by a Mental Health professional....will this be relevant in the outcome, and can we use it if it goes to appeal?
Thanks in advance

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 9 months ago - 4 years 9 months ago #232450 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Assessors qualifications
Hi Chrissie
I find that Mental Health professionals who do assessments have a much better understanding of claimants with mental health problems and are aware of relevant issues affecting the claimant. so if your friend suffers from mental health issues then it could go in their favour.
If the outcome is adverse then you may want to ask for a copy of the HC report.
As to whether or not it would be relevant in the outcome, it would depend if your friend suffered from mental health issues, depending on the professional it could sway a tribunal, but tribunals are independant and take all relevant facts into account.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 4 years 9 months ago by Gary.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232454 by Ellen
Replied by Ellen on topic Assessors qualifications
You don't say what your friend was claiming on the basis of? If it's a mental health issue then yes maybe it will help. I was given an assessment by an OT who said he was a mh professional.....

More
4 years 9 months ago #232459 by CHRISSIE
Replied by CHRISSIE on topic Assessors qualifications
Thank you Gary.
Sorry, I should have been more specific.
He was asked the usual questions about his physical disabilites, which are quite a few and affect his mobility, and the assessor asked him to do a series of movements ie bend from the waist, arms over head etc. He also suffers from very bad depression and social anxiety.
The thing that surprised us both was that she just glossed over the depression, asked if he was having counselling, has he ever tried to end his life and that was it.
He didnt get chance to say how debilitating it is, or how he panics about going to work or new places.
Left feeling a bit confused really.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232460 by CHRISSIE
Replied by CHRISSIE on topic Assessors qualifications
Hi Ellen, thank you.
He's claiming for both physical and mental, but considering the assessor was a mh professional, she only asked two questions about his depression.
She concentrated more on his mobility issues, which we found a bit confusing.

More
4 years 9 months ago #232464 by MyHipsHurt
Replied by MyHipsHurt on topic Assessors qualifications
I had my PIP f2f with a mental health nurse recently. She completely ignored my documented severe mental health issues and called them 'unremarkable' in her report. I am reporting her to the NMC and am just about to put in my MR.
The following user(s) said Thank You: CHRISSIE

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.