× Members

Job Titles

More
4 years 10 months ago #233348 by celj
Strange Job Titles was created by celj
A client of mine recently had a letter from the DWP which was signed by "The Unacceptable Customer Behaviour Manager". That's a hell of a job title!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 10 months ago #233363 by MariW
Replied by MariW on topic Job Titles
I wonder how many of us had heard of a “Decision Maker” ten years ago. I recall receiving a letters ending “…so that the Decision Maker can make a decision.” I assumed it was a colloquialism.

With reference to PIP, is a Decision Maker the same as a Case Manager or do they perform separate functions in dealing with the same case?

Thanks,

Mari W

More
4 years 10 months ago #233366 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Strange Job Titles
HI Chris

Certainly a new one for me!

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 10 months ago #233367 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Job Titles
Hi MariW

Who knows the inner workings of the DWP and their job titles? However, we do know the decision maker is the person who makes the awards for benefits such as PIP and ESA.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

More
4 years 10 months ago #233413 by Mr B
Replied by Mr B on topic Job Titles
[quote="MariW
" post=233363]I wonder how many of us had heard of a “Decision Maker” ten years ago. I recall receiving a letters ending “…so that the Decision Maker can make a decision.” I assumed it was a colloquialism.

With reference to PIP, is a Decision Maker the same as a Case Manager or do they perform separate functions in dealing with the same case?

Thanks,

Mari W[/quote]

Hi Mari W

Yes, the DWP call the PIP decision maker a Case Manager (just to confuse of course! lol) so these are just 2 different names for the same person!

Kind regards

Mr B

More
4 years 10 months ago #233415 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Job Titles
Hi guys

We probably don't help as we use Decision Maker as a generic term for anybody in the DWP authorised to make a Decision on your benefits.

Decision Maker and Claims Manager are job titles within the DWP, DM is actually a higher grade than CM, CM is also associated with PIP and not ESA. Most PIP Decisions are made by a CM and not a DM.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: MariW

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris