× Members

6 month sick note? Can only get after 2x3month

More
4 years 11 months ago #233755 by KEITH TAIT
My GP said I could only get a 6 month sick or `fit note` after 2 successive 3 month sick notes-is this true?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 11 months ago #233758 by Gordon
K

Your GP can write a Fit Note for any period that they feel is appropriate.

Are they saying that they can't provide a new Note because they are unsure that you will be unfit for work for six months?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233801 by KEITH TAIT
Replied by KEITH TAIT on topic 6 month sick note? Can only get after 2x3month
I can`t understand that becuase I am due to have an operation in the next 3 months.This is side issue to the main problem

I have been denied the LCW element of UC 2 days ago even though I have an operation for an inguinal hernia which the DWP saying is an incarcerated hernia.This word incarcerated describes a very d serious condition that can lead to a strangulated hernia which is life threatening.-so the Maximus think I should go to applying for jobs etc when I am seriously ill.

Reading the UC 85 UC medical Report Form I have got today, it states they get evidence from an FRRS form, what is that?
And also a POID 1 form , what is that?

I failed to get enough on my 113 to convince the Maximus/DWP that my health condition was affecting my ADL-so now I plan to get a GP`s letter to write convincingly that the health condition affects my ability to walk,
and sit for any length of time.

Is there any other health agencies I can contact to provide evidence of how my health condition affects my ability to perform the WCA descriptors?

These FRRS AND POID 1 -are they from the GP?

Thanks

More
4 years 11 months ago #233802 by KEITH TAIT
Hi
Just thought_

With a mandatory reconsideration, does the Maximus/DWP ask for another 113 off of my GP?

I didn`t think so, that`s why I was going to ask for a letter from my GP that covered everything the 113 should have such as how my health problem affects my ability to perform the descriptors.
Moreover, the letter should also state that my condition has got worse and potentially life threatening.
Something Maximus and DWP totally ignore.

So I`m pretty sure they don`t ask my GP for any more information after I have applied for a MC, is this true?

More
4 years 11 months ago #233807 by Gordon
Keith

Are you sure that it says FRRS and not one of the following;

FRR2 Request for specific medical evidence, sent to GP or another healthcare provider,
FRR3 Request for ME, sent to another HealthCare Professional
FRR4 Recording and/or paper notes of telephone contact between HCP and GP, or HCP and claimant

The POID is a Proof Of Identification form.

No, now that a Decision has been made neither the DWP or Maximus will source any further information, it is down to you to do so.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 11 months ago #233820 by KEITH TAIT
Hi
thanks for that,it is the FRR4!
The HCP? In relation to the FRR4 would that be the MAXIMUS Health Care Professional?

And why would they want to speak to one of the GP`s at my surgery?

Lack of information ?So they rang to request more?

Could I ask my GP for a copy of the 113 form they gave to the Maximus, and also the recording of the conversation between the Maximus HCP and the GP at my Surgery?

I also wondered if I could have asked to see the 113 during the WCA?

Thanks

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.