× Members

Advice please

More
4 years 8 months ago #235963 by newcastle1949
Advice please was created by newcastle1949
Hi Everyone

Hubby on enhanced both elements of PIP until October 2020, the announcement re light touch reviews and not being contacted until 6 month before instead of 1 year, is this right, he struggles with anxiety so uncertainty has a massive impact, should i ring pip and ask if they know when his review will be, just don't want to rock the boat, he is 70 in december..

Thank you
Best Wishes
Sweetheart

SWEETHEART

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #235964 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Advice please
Hi Sweetheart

The light touch review for people of pensionable age was only announced back in July by the government and the DWP has yet to officially say how they are going to respond and what the light touch review will actually mean.

As your husband has an end date to his award he is likely to receive notification of a review about 6 months before. There has been no official announcement that it is 6 months before from the DWP, but this is what members have been reporting.

Obviously, it's up to you if you want to try and get a clearer picture by contacting the DWP, but I think it unlikely at this stage that they will know.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

More
4 years 8 months ago #236023 by newcastle1949
Replied by newcastle1949 on topic Advice please
Hi

Just an update, i rang the PIP helpline today, explained re hubby's anxiety and the new light touch reviews and asked if he would be affected, she stated all penionable age people were being put onto 10 year reviews and they were sending everyone elligible a letter but that could take some months, i asked for the purpose of clarity for his mental wellbeing if she could check his personal record to see if anything had been noted since the announcement, she checked his records and said it stated "Next review recommended July 2029"

Very helpful lady so don't be afraid to give them a call.

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS, alisp

More
4 years 8 months ago #236104 by newcastle1949
Hi

Sorry to bother you again, following on, do the DWP inform carer's dept that the length of term has been extended or is it up to us to, as hubby's brother in law receives carers allowance re hubby? also blue badge.

Thank you

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART

More
4 years 8 months ago #236105 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Advice please
Hi Sweetheart

Carer's allowance will just continue to be paid (but you can double-check that if you're worried about it).

Blue badges are renewed every three years and when it comes up for renewal you send in a copy of his mobility award. It has to be current and even on a ten-year award the DWP automatically send out confirmation each year of the award.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: newcastle1949

More
4 years 7 months ago #237389 by newcastle1949
Hi Everyone

Just to follow on, my hubby has now received a letter confirming they have looked at his award and it confirms, ongoing award, next review July 2029, the only thing that was not included was his certificate of entitlement for his car tax so i rang the PIP helpline, very pleasant lady who said they were getting a lot of calls re this problem of it not being included but no problem she completed security and said she would organise an updated one to be sent out, will check with carer's, thanks as ever for your help

Best Wishes

SWEETHEART
The following user(s) said Thank You: BIS

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.