× Members

MR Failure - Onto Appeal, Question

More
4 years 8 months ago #236251 by TD888
Replied by TD888 on topic MR Failure - Onto Appeal, Question
Thank so you much!

So as I understand it the process is as follows...

I sent the appeal form, which is then forwarded to the DWP for response.

I get a copy of their response to the tribunal and a chance to gather/send evidence to challenge what they say

Then the tribunal.

Am I correct?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 8 months ago #236254 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MR Failure - Onto Appeal, Question
Hi Alex

Run through the PIP appeals guide, "Guide to PIP Appeals" because it gives details of every stage of the process and it varies slightly from an oral or written hearing.

www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/help-for-claimants/pip

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 7 months ago #236624 by TD888
Replied by TD888 on topic MR Failure - Onto Appeal, Question
Thank you so much for that, I've had the appeal submitted and accepted. It's now down to the DWP to do their submission.

I have another question though, today my friends medication has changed, the dosage has been increased. Would this count as further proof that his condition is as severe as we say, or would they look differently at this because it happened after the DWP rejection?

Should I make the DWP aware of this increase? I know they can, but I bet rarely do, change their minds before the hearing date...

We are trying to argue that this is an ongoing condition that is as bad today as it was when we first claimed in 2016.

More
4 years 7 months ago #236627 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic MR Failure - Onto Appeal, Question
Hi Alex

They are likely to ignore it - because the judgment is being made on the time he applied and the MR.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.