× Members

Maximus not responding to letters

More
4 years 5 months ago #239776 by rattle
Maximus not responding to letters was created by rattle
I have now been given a home assessment appointment but with only four days notice, I thought it was supposed to be seven days? Glad to have finally got a home visit but it has been an up hill struggle.

Two weeks ago I sent a letter to Maximus informing them I want to record the assessment, This would be with my own equipment which meets DWP requirements. I asked for confirmation that recording the assessment would be acceptable and the HCP agrees. I have not had a reply.

The home assessment team were called, and I was greeted with a rather could not care less attitude. I asked about recording and questioned about an HCP agreeing to recordings he said all HCP, S are trained in recordings and agree to them? Is this correct I thought the HCP carrying out the assessment had to agree.

If HCP'S are already told to agree to recordings then I should not have a problem. The assessment is Monday, and I am worried the HCP will turn up and be informed about the recording and will not agree.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Julie60

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239789 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Maximus not responding to letters
rattle

The seven days includes postage time.

No, not all assessors agree to having the interview recorded, their employer cannot require them to unless it is stipulated in the employment contract, I'm afraid you need to call again and ask for a specific answer to your question rather than the general one that you have received.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 5 months ago #239851 by rattle
Replied by rattle on topic Maximus not responding to letters
Thanks for the reply.
I have already called a different office where they are more knowable, have now been told using my own equipment is fine and HCP agrees to recording.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239876 by rattle
I told my wife Maximus would go back on their word. HCP turned up knew nothing about me recording accessment with my own equipment. He called his office the same one I got the first permission from and was told I cannot use my own equipment. I have all the calls recorded including both the calls giving permission.

More
4 years 5 months ago #239891 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Maximus not responding to letters
rattle

Did you have suitable recording equipment?

Did you go ahead with the assessment?

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: rattle

More
4 years 5 months ago #240020 by rattle
Thanks for the reply. Yes I had suitable equipment which met DWP regulations and as I said Maximus agreed to the recording then went back on the agreement.

I went ahead with the WCA because I could not stand the stress any longer. The assessment did not feel right the HCP had been instructed to only concentrate on what Maximus believed was my worst condition.

However, matters have taken a very dark turn. This morning a letter arrived I have been summoned to a compliance interview at the jobcentre. Jobcentre have now been informed I cannot attend due to my conditions. The person involved is on holiday and not back until the day the interview is due, I have been told she will call me.

The letter is dated the same day I had the WCA I have a suspicion who is behind this.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.