× Members

Backdated LCWRA £ added to savings or disregarded

More
4 years 3 months ago #243126 by Aida
Having received a backdated LCWRA payment and being fortunate enough to have a small amount of savings, my question is:
Do they add the backdated LCWRA £ payment to my savings in calculating any deductions to my standard UC allowance, OR Do they disregard the backdated LCWRA £ and if so for how long?
Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243131 by Gordon
Aida

The back payment should be disregarded for 52 weeks then it will be treated as part of your assets and savings.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 3 months ago #243137 by Aida
Many thanks Gordon for the reply.
A further question: is the arrears payment deducted from my overall capital for 12 months irrespective of whether or not it has been spent? Clearly in spending it (much needed) I am still better off than if I'd never received it - does the disregard go once the arrears are spent? Hope thats clear. Thanks.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243151 by Gordon
Aida

In principle, yes but I cannot give you a definite answer as these are issues that would be subject to the discretion of a Decision Maker should there be a dispute.

Just keep it simple the overpayment is ignored for the 52 weeks, assume that any expenditure will be counted against the payment first so the normal rules still apply to your other savings and assets and make sure you keep receipts for everything you buy.

All that said it should not be an issue.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.