× Members

PIP review

More
4 years 2 months ago #243217 by Ray
PIP review was created by Ray
I note from the form that you are not allowed to send in a supporting letter from your GP, as we did for the application. However, you can submit a 'report' from a GP or consultant. What's the difference?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243219 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review
Hi Ray

Are you talking about a PIP review or an ESA review? I have looked at the PIP review form and can't see where it says that, but perhaps you have one and they have updated the wording?

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243227 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic PIP review
PIP review, p6.

More
4 years 2 months ago #243231 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP review
Hi Ray

Got it. Found it in the notes. I think they don't want a letter that supports your claim to PIP - what they want is an up-to-date review of your current health conditions, whether they have improved, deteriorated, or stayed the same and any treatment you are having or hope to happen. Of course the GP will write this as a letter, but there's a subtle difference in the content.

Hope that clarifies it for you.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 2 months ago #243236 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP review
Ray

I just want to add to the advice already given.

The DWP has no authority to restrict the information that a claimant submits with their claim forms, you can send whatever you think is relevant to supporting your claim.

Gordon

The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C

More
4 years 2 months ago #243241 by Ray
Replied by Ray on topic PIP review
Thanks for the clarification my friend, that's a big help.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.