× Members

Very confused! DLA/PIP, Contribution based A, HB,

More
4 years 3 months ago #243881 by Sallyb
Hi
Very confused, Currently receiving Contribution based ESA, DLA (still going through PIP process), hubby gets State Pension, and we get full housing benefit, should also get Pension Credit, but we are a mixed age couple, and we didn't find out until after the cut off date. We do have £11 k savings.

We are seriously thinking about moving to be closer to my daughter who can offer support . However, we are very confused about how this will affect us. Some say it won't affect us because of the ESA others say our income will drop significantly due to the mixed age, and that I will be required to seek employment.

Can anyone help us understand how we will be affected?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243898 by Sallyb
Thank you, the full HB is linked to my husband's age and the carers premium he gets, and all the disability premiums I get, there is a tariff, reducing entitlement due to savings but we aren't claiming Pension Credit which we are entitled to. We do have to contribute £0.09 per week lol!

I think I've worked out via the various 'can you claim' bits on the .gov worksite that if we move out of area, and my PIP claim is awarded, and nothing else changes we can carry on as we are. I just dread to think what we would do if we lost our status quo. It would be so unfair for my hubby.

More
4 years 3 months ago #243920 by Gordon
Sally

I have had to withdraw my advice, on your original post you stated that you were receiving Contribution Based ESA and my answer was based on this, you have now told us that you are receiving a Premium with your ESA which means that you are actually receiving, at the very least, an Income Related ESA top-up if not ESA(IR) is total, this means that my advice was not relevant to your actual situation.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.