× Members

Miracles happen: Pre Appeal ,DWP Changed its mind

More
4 years 1 month ago #243984 by AlexBloomsbury
Cannot believe it, just 10 days before the Appeal, the DWP has changed its mind and previous award– enhanced for both – reinstated

In the last month or so I’ve come very close to giving up so can only say to others PLEASE DON’T as miracles can happen.

First, I had a letter from the Tribunal telling me that the DWP hadn’t sent in their “Written Response” but were told to do so asap or else (attendance by Presenting Officer + FULL file) and a date would now be set + I’d have to submit my papers.

Few days later, a date was set and the countdown began - it was even worse than last time as I now knew what to expect.

I then had two letters from the Tribunal Service in the same post. One (the scary “brown envelope”) was simply copies of everything I’d sent in so far BUT the second was that the Appeals Office had “revised their decision” and the new one was “more favourable”.

I’d only needed one more point but still couldn't believe it even after 2 calls to the Tribunal and the DWP and have only started to feel it was true when a letter arrived from the DWP with reasons for the (re) decision. Essentially, despite protestations to the contrary, it looks as though they’ve simply accepted the last Tribunal’s decision re the very first Descriptor and reinstated those points.

I know this has happened to others but not many so I feel so very, very lucky although still stunned and still waiting for another letter somehow changing their views yet again.

Thank you so very, very much, I’ve used B & W’s pro formas at every stage and cannot imagine what I would have done otherwise.

THANK YOU!!!!!
The following user(s) said Thank You: Bud, SUE C C

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #243988 by BIS
Hi Alex

This is simply wonderful news. Many congratulations for sticking with it.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: AlexBloomsbury

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #245610 by Naido
Hi! This is encouraging as DWP has recently sent me an outcome letter for PIP application outcome. I was shocked by it as the assessor decided that I have no mobility issues because I was able to walk to the assessor's office. Also according to her I only had a slight pain on my shoulder. She also stated that I was able to open the handbag zip and take out my ID so I have a good grip with my hands. I suffer from SLE which has now resulted to Osteoarthritis and Osteoporosis and experience severe fatigue which makes it difficult to stand for long and walk long distance. Almost everyday when I wake up my hands are swollen and painful. I had to leave my job as I also have back pain and sitting for long was not helpful. Sometimes it was difficult to type on the computer. The Occupational Health recommended that I leave my job as the stress of all this was causing Lupus flares. I have just sent them a Mandatory Reconsideration form yesterday. I can't understand how she can make such decisions
after meeting me only for 45 mins. She also stated that she believes I can walk long distances

More
4 years 2 weeks ago #245625 by BIS
Hi Naido

Unfortunately, many claimants find what the assessors say incomprehensible. Did you ask for a copy of your assessment report before you sent in for your mandatory reconsideration? If you didn't then you should do so, just in case you wish to add anything.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.