× Members

PIP Reconsideration - What to include

More
4 years 1 month ago #244214 by tebor1978
PIP Reconsideration - What to include was created by tebor1978
I am in the process of compiling my PIP Mandatory Reconsideration and have now received the PA4 V3 Consultation Report Form.

I have read on the site that you have said to 'not over do it' when challenging the assessment report but I was looking for some guidance as to what to leave out.

In particular there are numerous parts of the report where the HP has subtly omitted small pieces of information. For example -

"He will walk to the shop if he needs to". I said that I do this but only when I feel capable.

"Cannot play golf anymore because he can't get there". The main reason I no longer play is because I am now physically unable, but this has not been included.

There are as many as 8 of these clever little omissions in my report and wanted to know if they were worth raising in the MR.

These are by no means my main argument against the report as the HP has really messed up regarding how much medication I take and what it's for.

It's disheartening that the Decision Maker clearly ignores anything that is in your questionnaire in favour of a disingenuous report from the HP.

Any help greatly appreciated.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
4 years 1 month ago #244218 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Reconsideration - What to include
Hi Tebor

It's annoying when parts of what you said are missing, making them read quite differently, however as tempting as it is to raise every inaccuracy your greatest focus should be on where you didn't score points and you think you should have done. Concentrate on those first and then at the end you could always list (anything not already included) under the title "This is what I said" and 'This is what was written' and state in a summary sentence that you are disappointed at the many inaccuracies in the report.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #244223 by tebor1978
Replied by tebor1978 on topic PIP Reconsideration - What to include
Is it true that if the MR is too long they might not even look at it? Surely this is unlawful.

I do intend to focus on the 'points' aspect of the appeal but without casting doubt on the credibility of HP's report, it seems as though it is my word against the HP's.

For example, the HP claimed that I showed no signs of pain in my lower limbs during the assessment which is a blatant lie. I feel without making the new DM believe that the HP was deliberately biased, I will just be repeating my self for the 3rd time following the questionnaire and what I said in the interview.

It does feel like a court case where only the prosecution are allowed to present their case.

More
4 years 1 month ago #244225 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Reconsideration - What to include
Hi Tebor

It does feel one-sided. They will look at the whole report - it's just the focus of it which is most important. You can, after all, make a separate complaint about the poor quality of the report if you want to which is dealt with by someone else. Your main aim is to get the report overturned.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
4 years 1 month ago #244233 by ukLee
Replied by ukLee on topic PIP Reconsideration - What to include
Wish you all the best.

When I read my report it stated looks clean and tidy. if there is a next time, I'm sure there will be I will ensure there is encrusted food down my top and look rough. She said I didn't look tired. How would she know, they have never met me before. it wrong that what you say and what they write don't match. Reading this forum it happens far too much.
The following user(s) said Thank You: tebor1978

More
4 years 1 month ago #244245 by Mollie
Replied by Mollie on topic PIP Reconsideration - What to include
MY PIP MR letter was 10 pages long. Several pieces of evidence had not been used originally, so I resent them and explained why I felt they were important to my claim.
I noted that there was a time-lapse of nearly 4 working days between my assessment and the report being finished. I said that this might have accounted for some of the discrepancies between the ESA50, what took place and what the report stated.
I have gone from standard care(8 points) to enhanced (over 20 points).
I hope this helps.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.