× Members

PIP success, backdated payments

More
3 years 7 months ago #251159 by LouiseBee
PIP success, backdated payments was created by LouiseBee
I had to apply for PIP at end of 2016 when my DLA came to an end. I had an ATOS appointment in January 2017 and a month later was refused, having amassed just two points. I used this site's guidance on mandatory reconsideration and was still refused. I couldn't face appealing. But in February this year the DWP wrote to say I was one of the 1.6 million cases to be reviewed. I was in two minds but decided to ask for mandatory reconsideration again. Once more I used your guidelines and only slightly rejigged my MR letter. Last week, I got back payments totalling almost £11,000 for nearly four years and have been awarded enhanced mobility until early 2027. I fell one point short of stabdard daily care and am considering asking for a further review. But thank you! This is life-changing for me.
The following user(s) said Thank You: VIA, Dan Statham

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251163 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP success, backdated payments
Hi LouiseBee

Many congratulations on your backdated PIP award. That is so good to hear and so glad that you put in for the MR again.

BIS

Tags: @PIP @RESULT @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 6 months ago #252395 by Erica Smith
Replied by Erica Smith on topic PIP success, backdated payments
Well done Louise - I'm in a very similar situation and was wondering if you could give me some "pointers" on how to get started... would you be willing to help me please
Regards... Erica

More
3 years 6 months ago #252411 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP success, backdated payments
Hi Erica

Louise's post was over a month ago so she may not be around to answer your question.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.