× Members

Using assessment audio recording as evidence?

More
3 years 7 months ago #251191 by Sophie1985
I had my pip phone assessment and i am happy with how it went although i know from experience that this is no indication of how well it went in theory. The only 2 concernreally have is that when i was asked about how far i could walk, i explained that i can't walk any distance at all without sever pain, I was then told rather aggressively by the assessor in a sort of dismissive of what i had just said voice " i need a distance" "can you walk to the end of your road?" I then said i can walk around 15 meters before i would need to stop and not without sever pain.

Maybe i am being paranoid but is dawned on me afterwards that she may have interpreted 15 as 50, I am hoping that is not the case however i did record the telephone call and i clearly state 15 meters. I also have not left the house in over 4 months and so do no walk or go anywhere. There were no other questions asked where i stated i walked anywhere else for any other distance.

I am just wondering if the report comes back and states that i said i could walk "50 meters" instead of the 15 meters that i said during the call. Can i legally use the recording to refute this? If so how would i go about doing that and could that be used before tribunal at a manual reconsideration?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 7 months ago #251203 by BIS
Hi Sophie1985

You would need to transcibe the entire interview - not just the bit about the distance and you could use the recording to say they were mistaken. However, if the report comes back with the wrong distance you will also have the chance before the decision is made to write to the decision maker, where you could just point out that was incorrect information.

I would just get your report first and see if there's anything you need to dispute. It would be rare if there was only one point.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 7 months ago #251210 by Sophie1985
Replied by Sophie1985 on topic Using assessment audio recording as evidence?

BIS wrote: Hi Sophie1985

You would need to transcibe the entire interview - not just the bit about the distance and you could use the recording to say they were mistaken. However, if the report comes back with the wrong distance you will also have the chance before the decision is made to write to the decision maker, where you could just point out that was incorrect information.

I would just get your report first and see if there's anything you need to dispute. It would be rare if there was only one point.

BIS

Thank you BIS that was very helpful, I didn't think i would have the chance to write to the decision maker to point out any mistakes if there were any so that's great to know, Hopefully it comes back without any but i will ring them Monday and ask for a copy and take it from there. Thanks again really appreciate the reply!

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.