× Members

Road Tax

More
3 years 4 months ago #252987 by Lacychaz
Road Tax was created by Lacychaz
Thanks to everyone who helped when I posted months back about my daughter’s PIP. We appealed the mobility part and she went from getting no mobility, to getting 20 points and higher rate!

She is unable to drive, partly due to her condition. I have a car because she can’t use public transport and I help her get to places she needs to be. Initially thought I'd be able to get free road tax, but form says nominated driver must not use the vehicle for their personal use. So am I right in thinking, if I use it to drop her brother off somewhere, or get the food shop, I'm unable to apply for road tax help?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #252995 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic Road Tax
Lacychaz

This is a grey area and I cannot tell you that can claim the Road Tax discount but many do without issue. Be aware, if your car is not properly taxed then it can invalidate your insurance.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.