× Members

PIP Review Telephone Assessment

More
3 years 4 months ago #253288 by Renegadeshania
PIP Review Telephone Assessment was created by Renegadeshania
Had my telephone assessment on Saturday 14th of November , lasted 1hr30 and the assessor was , seemingly very pleasant. I suffer from anxiety and depression and severe speach blocking and my partner had to speak on my behalf after I had written down what I wanted to say ,as she is my carer as well.
The assessor asked if I could drive which was confirmed by my partner , then she asked what make and model of car I drove , and how often I filled it up with fuel , and if I did it myself , which I thought was irrelevant , and a bit too prying , anyone else had the assessor ask this question ?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253289 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment
Hi Renegadeshania

There can be different reasons for an assessor asking about the car. They may have been trying to ascertain how often you go out, and if you are able to overcome your depression enough to fill up the car when necessary and how you manage the payment system. Questions can feel intrusive, but they are allowed to ask.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Renegadeshania

More
3 years 4 months ago #253293 by Renegadeshania
Replied by Renegadeshania on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment
Hi Bis , the point I was trying to make is why do they need to know what make and specific model my car is ? My partner pays for the fuel , I just put it in the car , are they going to screw me over because I drive a 15 yr old Jaguar estate diesel ?

More
3 years 4 months ago #253300 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment
Renegadeshania

They may have been looking at your mental competence and memory.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago - 3 years 4 months ago #253304 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment
Hi Renegadeshania

They ask specific questions about the car, they may want to know if the car is manual or automatic, if the car is manual then they will be looking at your dexterity. The DWP view driving as a physical activity, for example holding the wheel requires a level of dexterity, strength and endurance in their hands, arms and shoulders, They also believe that the operation of the pedals is akin to walking and so someone who can drive can also walk.

I know that this is not always true as a I know many people who drive but cannot walk, their car have been specially adapted to their condition.

Gary

Last edit: 3 years 4 months ago by Gary.

More
3 years 4 months ago #253323 by Renegadeshania
Replied by Renegadeshania on topic PIP Review Telephone Assessment
They did ask if it was a manual as well , I get all the stuff your saying about dexterity , competence etc , but why do they want to know the specific model and make of car ? Is it because if you drive a nice car you don't deserve benefits or is that what they think ? Because we're on benefits so we spend all our money on drugs , beer , fags , flash mobiles , even though I do none of them or have a flash phone , but that's what the Tories want everyone who isn't on benefits to believe
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.