× Members

PIP Tribunal went halfway my way

More
3 years 4 months ago #254002 by Delisha
PIP Tribunal went halfway my way was created by Delisha
Hello All
and that I would therefore not be receiving PIP! I was astonished, to say the least
After having received DLA (Higher Rate Mobility and Standard Rate Care) for 11 years, I was advised last year that my DLA would be ending and was invited to apply for PIP. This I duly did (using the Benefits and Work guides) and had my face to face assessment in September 2019. A few weeks later the dreaded brown envelope arrived and it contained the news that I had been awarded ZERO points ! I was astonished to say the least. Although I had expected a change (with everything I had read) I did not expect to be assessed with no points at all. I then went to Appeal )withe the help of your useful guides) and eventually had my Tribunal by telephone on 24 November 2020. I received their decision in the post the following day. I was awarded 8 points for care (Standard Rate) and 10 points for Mobility (Standard Rate). Although I was disappointed to lose my Motability car, I was grateful that they had at least recognised my disabilities and validated my Appeal.

In order to maintain my independence I now need to buy myself a car (the Motability car has to be returned by 8 December 2020. I am depended on the backdated payment of PIP in order to do this and wondered how long it will take for my monthly PIP payment to be put in place and the backdated payments to be made? Any information will be useful.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 4 months ago #254007 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Tribunal went halfway my way
Hi Delisha

Congratulations on winning your appeal. Obviously, it's disappointing to have lost your car. I can't tell you how long it will be for your payments to come through, but they've certainly had time to resolve this. I would get onto the DWP asap and chase it up.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 4 months ago #254017 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Tribunal went halfway my way
Hi Delisha

Prior to Covid-19, it used to take 5 weeks from your appeal providing DWP receive notice from HMRC of your award. I have seen a few posts on this forum where claimants have had to chase DWP/HMCTS as DWP had not received a copy of the decision.

You may want to contact DWP to check that they have received a copy of HMCTS decision.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.