× Members

PIP Renewal

More
3 years 3 months ago #254373 by french30
PIP Renewal was created by french30
I can't thank you enough for all the support that you give. My original application came back with 2 points for hearing aids.This caused such distress as I have Diabetes, Epilepsy, Rheumatoid Arthritis ard Osteoarthritis and 2 discs replaced in my neck of which the 2nd replacement left me with shooting pains and numbness down the left arm and the 3rd disc has herniated which may need replacing at a later date. .This occurred as before the 2nd disc replacement I had pins and needles and shooting pains the GP telling me the pain is not from my neck but from my shoulder which ended up with the shoulder having athroscopic scraping out of the shoulder.This did not resolve the pain or pins and needles, therefore after being made to feel that I was was just putting it on I was then referred for a scan and told results would be sent to my GP. Two weeks later received a call from GP surgery stating Gp wanted to see me,I asked when and was told to come down straight away. Attended and was shown the scan showing a herniated disc compressing the nerve and wasn't told to rest at home .Advised no sudden movements.just to rest. operation booked for 2 weeks later.After operation I was left with no feeling in left arm with shooting pains.The operation had occured and permanent damage had occurred.This left me in pain unable to carry heavy items, I can burn
myself on the left hand and not feel it or cut it and not feel it. Added to the above investigations following Stroke type symptoms I was left with a weakness in my left leg memory loss and stuttering. Although stressfull the appeal awarded me 10 points for daily living and 8 points for moving around. Please everyone dont give up my appeal proves how different the outcome can be.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 3 months ago #254380 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic PIP Renewal
Hi Dawn

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is.

Welcome to Benefits and Work .

I've moved your post to its own topic, we ask members not to post their questions in other member's topics as it can lead to the wrong advice being given or taken.

Thank you for posting and giving hope to other members on this forum, you have certainly been through a lot but you persevered and got an outcome you are happy with, so well done.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @APPEAL

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.