× Members

ESA work capability assessment delay

More
3 years 2 months ago #254800 by Alisonj5
ESA work capability assessment delay was created by Alisonj5
Hi, Can I just start by saying a massive thank you for the guidances notes that helped me getting PIP.

I have been getting ESA payments since February last year, I submitted my Capability of Work Questionnaire last August and I haven’t heard from the Assessor yet on when I will be having my assessment. I am concerned that my payments will stop next month if I am not put into support group. I have sooken to DWP and they told me to ring the assessors which I dud and response was we cannot give times scales. I totally understand the delay because of covid but wondered if this is a normal delay and has anyone else been waiting this long?

Thank you again, I have found this site to be excellent and appreciate all the effort that has been put in to keep this sute going.
Alison.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 months ago #254906 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA work capability assessment delay
Hi AJ

I'm afraid I can offer very little comfort here. There have been some very long delays in assessments being offered. All I can suggest is that you ring on a regular basis to make sure they are still on it. You may get a different answer from whoever answers your call.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 years 2 months ago #254944 by Alisonj5
Replied by Alisonj5 on topic ESA work capability assessment delay
Thanks Bis, appreciate you input.

More
3 years 1 month ago #256456 by Patrick
Replied by Patrick on topic ESA work capability assessment delay
Hi AJ,
just to let you know I also submitted my capability for work assessment back in Feb 2020 after I was notified that I was awarded the WRG backdated to Dec 2019(when I first applied). My payments were stopped
In Dec 2020 after one year (maximum time Allowed) I just had my telephone assessment 2 weeks ago so I have waited 1 year for this.

I will get payments backdated but only if they agree to put me in the support group

In any case I wish you good luck.
Regards
Patrick

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.