× Members

Pip reassessment

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #258160 by Stephen58
Pip reassessment was created by Stephen58
Hi I’ve just received my dreaded brown envelope for my reassessment claim and I’ve gone from standard to enhanced pip and still have enhanced mobility rate. As it states ongoing I assume it’s for 10 years is that correct.
I’m happy with the results but why do I feel guilty in claiming this money (which is needed) I have worked all my life and forced into retirement 3yrs early with severe arthritis in my arms,hands ,legs &knees . I like to thank benefits and work for helping my claim with downloading information. I will continue to support you with my membership.
Kind regards
Steve

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago - 3 years 2 weeks ago #258191 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Pip reassessment
Hello Steve,

Thank you for your encouraging words and ongoing support. I will tag this post so that the back office also get to read what you say.

Yes, ongoing is for 10 years, and I assume that that takes you passed State Pension age, so you if your needs remain the same you will continue receive the award indefinitely.

I have heard a number of people say that they feel guilty about getting such an award, but please remember a number of things:
The money is given to you on the basis that you need additional help
This is what the law says you are entitled to
And all that National Insurance you paid whilst you were working – well it is an insurance, this is your time to claim on it.

Please don’t feel guilty, whilst it will not help to make your condition any easier, it will hopefully make living with it more tolerable.

Catherine

@RESULT
@PIP

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 3 years 2 weeks ago by Catherine.

More
3 years 2 weeks ago #258204 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Pip reassessment
My husband gets top DLA for life. We are blessed not to be completely reliant on this due to an inheritance. So I have taken out a small monthly standing order to the Disability News Service which like Benefits and Work does much to monitor the horrors of the DWP. You could do something similar if you would feel better - but as Catherine says, it is money you ARE entitled to, to make life with your disabilities better.
Denby
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.