× Members

Mysterious large payment of PIP into my account

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 8 months ago #261132 by wibblum
Hi, for those following my current exciting adventures :) here is another thrilling chapter to add to what has already been a very strange week.

First I got an unexpected and mysterious phone call from the DWP (detailed in it's own thread) about my ESA claim, that I missed but went to voicemail, and today, just a few days later, I've received a payment of approx £2000 into my bank account from them, designated as a PIP payment. :huh:

I was awarded PIP a few months ago but was unsatisfied with the low rates, and so I immediately put in an MR, but have heard nothing since. I was discussing it with my welfare rights officer only on Monday and he said he'd give them another week before he chases it up for me.

And now today, I suddenly appear to be £2000 better off. I've not been contacted by DWP in any way shape or form about it apart from the mysterious phone call the other day, but that was supposedly about ESA, not PIP.

So...I suppose a letter could be on the way telling me that my MR was successful? The payment reference includes my National Insurance Number, so I assume it's legitimate. But oddly, if it is some kind of backdated payment on a revised award, the sums just don't add up.

It's all very strange. Does this happen often, if at all?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #261134 by LL26
Hi wibblum,
It is entirely possible that DWP have revised your decision and not told you. This seems to happen quite often.
Wait two or three days maybe then contact DWP and ask them. It could also be a LEAP payment, if you fall into the planning journeys descriptor.
You could also discuss this with your benefits adviser.
I hope you can resolve this mystery without too much difficulty.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 8 months ago #261135 by wibblum
Ah, I suppose it could be a LEAP payment - my major argument against the award I was given was on the planning journeys/mixing with others descriptors (I got that award purely on the basis of my physical diabilities when my MH/anxiety issues are more severe and longer-standing).

If nothing turns up in the post before Monday I suppose I'll have to contact them after that (or get my WRO to do it for me). I don't think I can last longer than that before I start to spend any of it.

• wibblum
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
2 years 8 months ago #261218 by wibblum
UPDATE:
I finally heard from them by post this morning and it turns out that my MR was successful, purely on the strength of the statement I sent in. I'm now in receipt of Enhanced rate of both PIP components until 2024.

So, for anyone who is undecided about sending in an MR, sometimes it's worth it!
The following user(s) said Thank You: lesley, an ex nurse, denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #261220 by BIS
Hi Wibblum

That is very exciting news. Well done on winning your MR. Great to hear.

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @MR

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: wibblum

More
2 years 8 months ago #261364 by Wissal
Congratulations for the successful MR.

Can I just ask what statement you have sent. They have decided that I am not eligible for enhanced and want to appeal but very worried. Your advise will be appreciated

Thank you

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.