× Members

WARNING SCAM PIP APPEALS EMAILS WARNING

More
2 years 7 months ago #262502 by DC
I AM GETTING BOMBARDED BY EMAILS FROM AN EMAIL ADDRESS CLAIMING TO BE FROM FROM PIP APPEALS. I HAVE NOT MADE ANY APPEAL, THEY HAVE AN APPEAL NUMBER & EVEN MY NAME
I REPLIED & THEY ASKED FOR MY PERSONAL DETAILS INCLUDING ADDRESS & NATIONAL INSURANCE NUMBER. PLEASE WARN PEOPLE ABOUT THIS.

I SUFFER EXTREME ANXIETY & DEPRESSION & THIS WILL SEND MR OVER THE EDGE - HOW HAVE THE GOVERNMENT ALLOWED HACKERS TO GAIN ACCESS TO MY NAME & EMAIL. I WILL BE TAKING LEGAL ACTION. UNFORGIVABLE..

HAS ANYONE ELSE HAD THESE EMAILS???
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, ostia, Ghayur, Janp.
The topic has been locked.
More
2 years 7 months ago #262509 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic WARNING SCAM PIP APPEALS EMAILS WARNING
Hi DC

Thanks for this. No I haven't heard about this - I don't know whether anyone else has.

I'll stick your post so it appears at the top of the forum.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: anees292
More
2 years 7 months ago #262514 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic WARNING SCAM PIP APPEALS EMAILS WARNING
DC try not to panic easy said than done I know, but do NOT give any NI numbers or any further personal information for that matter, if you haven't put in an appeal just ignore it and get the DWP to look into what this is doing to you, or even get the Police involved.

That's why I never divulge any phone numbers or emails to this department DWP.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.
More
2 years 7 months ago - 2 years 7 months ago #262517 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic WARNING SCAM PIP APPEALS EMAILS WARNING
Hi DC

If you receive an email that you believe is a scam email then forward it on to :

This email address is being protected from spambots. You need JavaScript enabled to view it.

If you get a text message scam on your phone forward the text on to 7726, make a note of the contact number as you will receive a reply to your text asking for the telephone number.

I always head both messages scam messages

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 2 years 7 months ago by Gary.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Faith, Catherine, SAN12, SUE C C
Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.