× Members

Just received text from DWP PIP

More
2 years 8 months ago #263472 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
Hi BIS,

I have drafted a letter to the Decision Maker already and plan to send it via my MP who has been forwarding things to the DWP for me and kindly written a very supportive letter already. I can do that over the weekend.

I don't want to sound as though I am having a go at the assessor but it does sound like a cock-up as her interpretation of what the maximum dosage of certain medications is wrong. She also separates MH medication and anxiety medication as two different things which in my case is nonsense.

Do I point out what the maximum dosages are, what I take and what dosages and just say in my view I should have an ongoing award?

It just seems ridiculous. Either I've got it wrong or the assessor has.18 months award at my age that's ridiculous - my last one was for 3 years and I scored less last time!

What a cock up. Somebody save me please the worlds gone mad!

KIndest regards in the circumstances.

Phrank

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 8 months ago #263473 by Jenga
Replied by Jenga on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
I would agree with Bis, at your age the award should be ongoing. Write to your MP and explain your dissatisfaction at the award length.

More
2 years 8 months ago #263477 by phrank
Hi all,

I still haven't come to terms with the assessor's award length recommendation of 18 months because I am on the strongest medication?

What does it mean, it seems sort so crytpic to me. I'd have thought if anything - being on stronger medication would mean in their opinion I have deteriorated.

But there is only one out of three that I'm taking maximum medication for and that's been the same for years and years and they will have it on record.

Is it the fact that I didn't ask for an ongoing award as my age will be over state pension age soon?

Any advice would be invaluable.

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 8 months ago #263481 by denby
Replied by denby on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
Hi Phrank. I am sorry to say I side with the cynics. I would protest now, as I feel they are just giving shorter and shorter awards to reduce total pay-out as people cannot cope with the frequency of reviews and drop out.
Best wishes with this final bit of struggle for now.
Denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #263485 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Just received text from DWP PIP
Hi phrank

Congratulation, lets hope the decision maker goes along with the assessor in regards to your points, as to the length of the award I would agree with BIS send a letter to the decision maker pointing out your age and that your condition is ongoing and not going to improve.

If the decision maker goes along with the assessor then you may want to appeal the length of the award.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby

More
2 years 8 months ago #263491 by phrank
Hi all,

Thank you so much for your replies.

You know there comes a time when health has to be prioritised over finances. Friends are now urging me to let go or it could have serious effects on my health.

I will write to the decision maker and my MP and see what happens and perhaps go to an MR if it comes to that.

But if I get the call again 6 months before the new award runs out I will more than likely not bother. This process this time has taken over my life for the past five months and I have never been so unhappy.

I will be in a comfortable situation once I've sorted my pensions out so maybe it's time to let go.

As I say, I will be writing to the decision maker and then see what happens from there.

As you will all be aware, I get too involved and am unable to put things to one side and I'm like a dog with a bone, I won't let go.

Kind regards,

Phrank.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris