× Members

Pip review and writing to GP

More
2 years 5 months ago #265918 by Rebecca01*
Pip review and writing to GP was created by Rebecca01*
Hi all!
I’m 10 weeks into waiting for the result of my review. I rang today out of anxiety (the waiting is awful!) my claim was sent to the Independent Assessment services nearly 4 weeks ago , apparently then went to the review pile on the 1st November and now they’ve written to my doctor for more information. Am I wrong in thinking (more hoping) that this looks like it’s all going to be paper based?? All of my physical disabilities are the same from my initial claim two years ago but we’ve now added on my social anxiety and agoraphobia so that must be what they’re asking my doctor about. I’m praying this may mean I don’t need another medical assessment?
Rebecca x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 5 months ago #265926 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review and writing to GP
Hi Rebecca01*

At the current time, I wouldn't assume anything. If they have contacted your GP it means they either want more information or clarification about something, It's impossible to tell what they will do next. Sometimes it might mean they go paper-based and sometimes they still tell claimants they want an assessment. The reason why they still sometimes do an assessment is that GP's generally can't talk to the specific PIP criteria. Hopefully you will get the paper-based assessment you want - we just can't say that will be the case.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Rebecca01*

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.