× Members

Can I put my ESA file away for good?

More
2 years 4 months ago #266065 by phrank
Can I put my ESA file away for good? was created by phrank
Hi all,

As I now will reach state pension age in less than three months, what are the chances of being sent a work capability questionnaire?

I have read that they don't send these out to people who reach SPA in less than three months, but I only half believe it.

I have had my paperwork in my kitchen ( copies of letters and a form I downloaded and filled out to use as a template) in case I got the call.

My last assessment was in 2015 and it's been deferred twice. I guess this is because of my PIP award and the fact that I never go anywhere alone which would make working for an employer more or less impossible.

I'd love to put away that file in my kitchen but something is stopping me.

Any advice would be appreciated as usual.

Regards,

Phrank.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266069 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Can I put my ESA file away for good?
Hi Phrank

There is very little one can ever say with certainty with regard to the DWP. You shouldn't receive one. I think you can safely put it away, but I wouldn't throw it away yet.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 months ago #266073 by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar
Replied by ThisGovernmentsGoneToFar on topic Can I put my ESA file away for good?
Phrank I no of a couple of people in your situation that have said the same as you. None of them had to fill in anymore ESA forms being in the last few month of retiring, as I've sad to them it's pointless worrying as by the time you would have filled the form in, sent it back, then setting up an assessment to a decision will take longer by that time you would have retired anyway.

Plus you've just been awarded PIP ongoing.

So don't even worry about it Phrank have a good old bonfire with your paperwork on the day you are free from persecution. Good luck.

I was formely known as (GoingOffMyHeadWithThisGovernment) Won PIP November 2017 ongoing award HR both. Now kept and got my ESA Support group but took a while.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266076 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Can I put my ESA file away for good?
Hi Bis,

Thanks for your reply.

So it's out of site, out of mind but not that far out of mind that I forget where it is!

Regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266084 by phrank
Replied by phrank on topic Can I put my ESA file away for good?

Phrank I no of a couple of people in your situation that have said the same as you. None of them had to fill in anymore ESA forms being in the last few month of retiring, as I've sad to them it's pointless worrying as by the time you would have filled the form in, sent it back, then setting up an assessment to a decision will take longer by that time you would have retired anyway.

Plus you've just been awarded PIP ongoing.

So don't even worry about it Phrank have a good old bonfire with your paperwork on the day you are free from persecution. Good luck.

Hi TGGTF,

Thank you for your supportive post.

When freedom day finally arrives I will do something drastic to that file.!

Kind regards,

Phrank.

More
2 years 4 months ago #266096 by Angel
Replied by Angel on topic Can I put my ESA file away for good?
Morning Phrank. I would keep everything for now. On your one year anniversary of being a pensioner, have a lovely bonfire..

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.