× Members

ESA Work Group to Support

More
2 years 2 months ago #267043 by Gordy
ESA Work Group to Support was created by Gordy
Hi, I've been in the ESA work group for a long long time now (has to be well over a decade) for anxiety and agoraphobia. I've always believed I should have been in the support group but have terrible patience with filling in benefits forms and always get distracted and ultimately forgot about the whole thing. In about the last 20 years I have actually gone into my local job centre for an interview twice.

I've gone many years without a medical until late this summer when they gave me a phone assessment. At the time i was only a few days out of hospital having had a bad bout of the covid. I could barely walk the length of my flat or stand for longer than a minute. This was what the medical report ended up showing even though it was temporary (took about 2 or 3 months to get my physical health back) As things stand today i think this may have placed me temporarily in the support group? as i money went up my approx. £50 a fortnight.

Anyway I'm just looking for advice on how to start.

Thanks!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267109 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA Work Group to Support
Hi Gordy

Welcome to the forum, you might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is

Welcome to Benefits and Work

I am not sure on what you are asking for when you say you are looking for advice on how to start.

You don't get temporary placed in the support group, by the sounds of what you have written you have been placed in the support group.

Due to you being on ESA and in WRAG you would have received a premium in with your ESA for £29.70 as you have been in receipt of ESA for over a decade, when they placed you in the support group your premium would have gone up to £39.40pw, thats an extra £9.70 pw, as you were placed in the support group you would also have received another premium with your ESA called Enhanced Disability, this is worth £17.20 pw so in total your income would have gone up £26.90 pw or £53.80 a fortnight.

I would advise you to contact your local Welfare Rights Organisation as you may be eligible to claim PIP, we do have a PIP self-tester on this website: www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/pip-test so you can test yourself.

You can find your local Welfare Rights Organisation to help you with advice by clicking on the link below and putting in your post code, it will then come up with a MAP with a list of agencies. advicelocal.uk

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.