× Members

PIP supporting evidence

More
2 years 2 months ago #267095 by eusabius
PIP supporting evidence was created by eusabius
Hi,
As I don't have any recent (last 2 years) supporting evidence to send with my PIP review form I am going to send some of my old, most recent medical reports, and also a letter from my partner who is my full-time carer. I have seen on a few forum posts that 'STILL RELEVANT' should be written on old evidence. Is that all that should be written, or do we need to write anything else? And what else, apart from the text of the letter, should we write on my partner's/carer's letter? I couldn't find anything in the guide about these details.
Thanks in advance.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 2 months ago #267103 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP supporting evidence
Hi eusablus,
Yes, send in old medical reports. Ones that can be especially important are those confirming a diagnoses etc. You can write an additional info page explaining how the symptoms still affect, or maybe have become worse.
You may wish to contact your GP to confirm your current disabilities. You could either ask for a letter, or particularly if time is pressing, then you could ask for a copy of your notes going back until say the date of your previous award. This will also confirm your disabilities. It will certainly show if medications have increased or visits to GP have increased etc. Bu all means compare and contrast previous and current medical reports, to explain changes in your health.
Your carer's letter can include comments about how you perform (PIP) activities, what difficulties you have and the eg the time it takes, and help required. The more info you can give, the better chance of success!
Remember to include your name, NI number , and eg the word PIP on all pages to make sure pages don't go astray.
I hope this helps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: eusabius

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.