× Members

ESA Re-assessment

More
2 years 1 week ago #269340 by synapse321
ESA Re-assessment was created by synapse321
My ESA cont support group claim is due for renewal in Sept 2022.

When can I expect the forms to be sent to my home address to be re-assessed.?

Thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #269370 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic ESA Re-assessment
Hi Synapse321

We honestly can't tell you. The DWP is struggling with a backlog of claims. Many people on ESA have gone past their review date and found their money has continued. You can either wait or see or you can ring and ask them.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 years 4 days ago #269500 by synapse321
Replied by synapse321 on topic ESA Re-assessment
Hi

I did ring them and got conflicting answers.

One said that you will be sent the forms 2-3 month before and another advisor said you will get the forms in September when it is due to expire.

Any help?

Thanks

More
2 years 4 days ago #269503 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic ESA Re-assessment
Hi synapse321

Third time lucky .... :woohoo:

As BIS has stated there is a backlog in reviews and DWP are focusing on new claims.

Remember ESA is an indefinite award with scheduled reassessment based on the Prognosis Date completed by the assessor in their report, so your existing ESA award continues in payment until a new Decision is made.

You can start preparing for a review but do not stress out about it, until you have had a review and a new decision has been made then your claim will stay in payment.

Have a good Easter B) weather forecast states it will be a warm one.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #269841 by synapse321
Replied by synapse321 on topic ESA Re-assessment
After waiting almost an hour on the phone to ESA the bloke said all

working age benefits are to be migrated to UC including ESA support

group.

He said a select few will be chosen on the 9th May randomly to

migrate. over.

As I am on ESA conts it will mean the loss of an important part of my

income hence why I am worried over this.

More
1 year 11 months ago #269937 by denby
Replied by denby on topic ESA Re-assessment
The only suggestion I can offer everyone standing to lose money is to get political in whatever way seems best to you.........
I am wondering [B&W BACK OFFICE ??] whether there's any chance Disability Discrimination law could be used to defend 'random selectees'?
Denby

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.