× Members

PIP reviews?

More
2 years 1 week ago #269359 by LilacGem
PIP reviews? was created by LilacGem
Hi I got a pandemic related extension of my PIP award until May 2023.

Last time i checked here (sorry i cant find my thread in this new website format)Gordon told me reviews are normally initiated 11mnths before award end date... so that would mean i could expect a review form to arrive beginning of June?

Just wondering what's happening with the reviews now, i have read reports of delays but assume that is with processing them not instigating them?

My carer is retiring end may & struggling to find another person to help me so would be good to get an idea whether i can expect the review to go ahead as planned (ie for the form to arrive & evidence to be submitted in June, or if its likely i wont get it until later in the year?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 years 1 week ago #269362 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP reviews?
Hi Cemily

It is impossible for us to be certain, but the DWP is dealing with a backlog and prioritising new claims, so the timing on reviews is variable. Many members have received them 11 months before the end date of their award and some only 6 months or even less. If you haven't heard and there are only 3 months left you should contact them because as you surmise, it is taking them a long time to process reviews. I'm afraid I can't give you any specific time.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
2 years 1 week ago #269377 by freddey
Replied by freddey on topic PIP reviews?
hi cemily
i got a extension until jan 2023. then received my review form in feb 2022
11 months
The following user(s) said Thank You: LilacGem

More
1 year 11 months ago #269941 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic PIP reviews?
Thanks so much for your input Bis & Freddey

3 short questions re the review process please... I have looked on the site but i am really struggling mentally & cant see the answers, so my apologies if they're there & i've just missed them.

1)Can you fill the form in online or is it paper based only?

2)is a 'draft' copy of the form available to look at anywhere, so we can prepare ourselves.

3) We've read the section in the long PIP guide (pg 129 onwards about the review process), will be following that advice to the letter, & will be basing our answers on the original PIP2 form submission since nothing has changed. But is there any other guide/information that i should be looking at? Dont want to miss anything!

many thanks

More
1 year 11 months ago #269982 by LL26
Replied by LL26 on topic PIP reviews?
Hi Cemily,
The form is usually sent out to you to fill in, rather than being done online.

Since everyone's firm will be different it's not really possible to have a draft form.

Consulting the guides is really useful and should give you some ideas. Yes, by all means repeat what you said on the previous form. Basically you need to consider whether you can do PIP activities safely, in a reasonable time, to an acceptable standard and repeatedly across the whole day as reasonably required. The amount of repetition will of course depend on the activity- preparing food might be two or three times, toilet needs could be 10 times, perhaps more or less, but things like communication may be required every minute during the daytime, and perhaps at night.
Remember that points are awarded when you can't do activities for the majority of the days. Hence an occasional better day won't preclude gaining points.
You might want to create a disability diary to be absolutely sure that your disability has remained constant.
You can fill out extra pages if you need more space.(Clearly label each page with name and NI number.) You might want to write a general paragraph or two about your disabilities and hiw they affect you. Mention if you haven't seen a consultant recently. This might be due to Covid, or simply because your condition is stable. Mention any increases in medication too.
As with all PIP forms consistency is important, if you have poor walking ability, you may have difficulties dressing or perhaps using the bath. Maybe you can manage the activities despite having poor mobility, if so, you can say eg it is a struggle to get into the bath unaided, but it can be done in a reasonable time/safely using the grab rails.
DWP will expect someone with poor mobility to have difficulties with certain daily living activities and if you don't mention this it could appear that you are exaggerating the walking problems and the form is inconsistent.
I hope thishelps.
LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 11 months ago #269993 by LilacGem
Replied by LilacGem on topic PIP reviews?
Thanks so much for your detailed reply its much appreciated & i will take careful note of your comments.

I realised when i asked if there was a 'draft' form, i used the wrong word, sorry - i didnt mean a draft of the form, i meant is there a *sample* form anywhere?

I remember viewing a sample of the PIP2 form before i received it & I find it helps a lot with my anxiety if i can see what the form looks like before it arrives, so i can what to expect.
The following user(s) said Thank You: LL26

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.