× Members

First PIP Review - how long are they taking in 2022?

• ivyfox
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 11 months ago #270020 by ivyfox
I appreciate this may be a question of 'how long is a piece of string?' but here goes:

Thanks to this great facility, both my friend and I have been successful at Tribunal in 2016 and then at subsequent PIP applications in 2019 after Tribunal award.

Now we have each submitted our PIP reviews - prepared in accordance with the B&W up-to-date guide - mine at the start of April 2022, his the start of May 2022.

I missed a 'Private Number' phone call yesterday and have been worrying that it was the DWP. On reflection, four weeks or so sounds far too speedy for them.

Can anyone please indicate how long after posting their PIP review paperwork in 2022 until they received a letter?
Thanks in advance

PS: As and when we each hear from the DWP, I'll reply to this post to inform others.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270042 by BIS
Hi ivyfox

You are right - how long is a piece of string? I honestly can't give you any definitive answer. Some members have been told by the DWP it is taking about 16 weeks - some 12 and a few members have had theirs sorted out within 4 weeks (but that is not the norm). So much will depend on whether you need an assessment and the availability of assessors.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
1 year 11 months ago #270057 by AMANDA
Hi Ivyfox

My first award was to august 2022. I was sent a review form in December 2021 and as this was my first review was dreading it. Yesterday I received an award letter taking me to June 2026, for year award but it took nearly 6 months. I used the B&W members guide to fill out my review so thankful.

Amanda

More
1 year 11 months ago #270081 by pathfinder2015
Replied by pathfinder2015 on topic First PIP Review - how long are they taking in 2022?
Hi Ivyfox,

I’m not sure how long the DWP take to respond to PIP reviews but my experience shows you may be waiting a long time. Like you, I won my award through the Tribunal in 2017 who awarded me 5yrs. In August last year I received my PIP review form (almost a year before my award expires) which I completed and posted back to them on 6th September 2021. The weeks passed with no word from them at all and I was becoming a little concerned that my form had gone astray in the post. In December I rang them and they confirmed they had received it on 9th September. I asked if they could give me an update and they told me that it looked as though I would be called for an assessment.

As I reply to you, more than 8 months after posting my form, I am still waiting to hear from them. My situation is made more complex as I have a Motability car whose lease expired last April. In February last year I ordered a new car (as at the time I met the Motability requirement to have at least 12 months left on my award) but because of microchip shortages it has still not arrived at the dealership. Motability have kindly extended my lease on several occasions so I still have a vehicle. Now my award expires in 4 month so I’m asking myself if I really want to make the advanced payment for a car that may be taken from me if my award is not extended.

Anyway, apologies for digressing but as my case shows you may be in for a long wait and period of uncertainty. I do hope your decision comes though soon and it’s the one you’re hoping for.

More
1 year 11 months ago #270082 by pathfinder2015
Replied by pathfinder2015 on topic First PIP Review - how long are they taking in 2022?
Hi Ivyfox, I’m not sure how long the DWP take to respond to PIP reviews but my experience shows you may be waiting a long time. Like you, I won my award through the Tribunal in 2017 who awarded me 5yrs. In August last year I received my PIP review form (almost a year before my award expires) which I completed and posted back to them on 6th September 2021. The weeks passed with no word from them at all and I was becoming a little concerned that my form had gone astray in the post. In December I rang them and they confirmed they had received it on 9th September. I asked if they could give me an update and they told me that it looked as though I would be called for an assessment. As I reply to you, more than 8 months after posting my form, I am still waiting to hear from them. My situation is made more complex as I have a Motability car whose lease expired last April. In February last year I ordered a new car (as at the time I met the Motability requirement to have at least 12 months left on my award) but because of microchip shortages it has still not arrived at the dealership. Motability have kindly extended my lease on several occasions so I still have a vehicle. Now my award expires in 4 month so I’m asking myself if I really want to make the advanced payment for a car that may be taken from me if my award is not extended. Anyway, apologies for digressing but as my case shows you may be in for a long wait and period of uncertainty. I do hope your decision comes though soon and it’s the one you’re hoping for.

• ivyfox
  • Topic Author
  • Away
More
1 year 11 months ago #270150 by ivyfox
Thank you for your feedback.
I'm appalled that you're still waiting to hear and - worse still - there's a potential knock-on effect with your new vehicle. I very much hope you soon receive a favourable decision.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.