× Members

Received Leap Review Form - Changes in PIP Law

More
1 year 10 months ago #270385 by dinkmack
Hi,

I've received a letter from the DWP saying, there have been some changes in personal independence law
that affect how the department for work and pensions decides PIP claims.

I've got to answer and return a questionnaire.

The questions are:
Q1. Did you need help to engage with other people face-to-face? Yes or No
Q2. Did you get the help you needed? Yes or No
Q4. Did you need therapy to help you engage with other people, such as cognitive behavioural
therapy or other talking therapies.

What I'd like to know is, should I tick the boxes but also include all the information about
engaging with people face-to-face, exactly as I did on my PIP assessment form? and where it
mentions therapy, am I right in thinking that the therapy can also be the support my partner gives me
before and after engaging with people? it doesn't have to be a professional.

Thanks for any help.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270390 by Gary
Hi dinkmack

One of the questions I would ask is , do you have any space to write an explanation? if you do then I would tick the box and include all the information about engaging with people face-to-face, exactly as you did in your PIP assessment form.

Remember it is not as you are now but as you were then.

I would not say support from your wife is therapy unless your wife is a therapist, as in your question it states 'such as cognitive behavioural therapy or other talking therapies'.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: dinkmack

More
1 year 10 months ago #270403 by dinkmack
Replied by dinkmack on topic Received Leap Review Form - Changes in PIP Law
Thanks Gary.

Do you think saying no to receiving therapy will have a negative impact?
I'm thinking it wouldn't, as I've never had therapy the whole time I've claimed PIP.
Except one session of CBT, but I was so distressed and overwhelmed by what they were asking
me to do that I couldn't go back again. Should I mention my experience with CBT?

Thanks for your help. It's really appreciated.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270432 by dinkmack
Replied by dinkmack on topic Received Leap Review Form - Changes in PIP Law
Thanks Gary,

Yes there is space to write an explanation.

Regarding the therapy. I made it through one day of CBT but I was so distressed and
overwhelmed that I couldn't go back.
Should I mention this?

Thanks for your help.

More
1 year 10 months ago #270451 by Gary
Hi dinkmack

Yes I would mention it as well as explaining why you could no go back; it cause you 'overwhelming psychological distress'

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 10 months ago #270452 by Gary
Hi dinkmack

I have answered this question on another post, yes you should mention that you went to one session of CBT but it caused you cause you 'overwhelming psychological distress' so could not attend another.

Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.