× Members

Success: paper-based PIP review - thank you!

More
1 year 6 months ago #274084 by ivyfox
I have just received the decision, 6 months after the deadline to return the review form with evidence.

The letter is marked PIP.7003 and comprises 7 sheets of paper (the thickness scared me, thought it was a 2nd set for MR).

Standard DL to continue;
New Enhanced mobility, backdated to March 2022 (thought they'd reject - didn't dare tell them before I HAD to reapply);
Both awarded until September 2025 (three years from date of letter)

Brilliant! Better than I'd hoped.

There's a sting in the tail - letter concludes:

"Unfortunately, we have paid you too much money. You will get a letter from us shortly to tell you more about this and to let you know if you need to pay any money back."

Please accept a huge thank you - everyone at B&W, the volunteer forum mods, those who contribute their experiences - you've all helped me to continue fighting for my entitlement.
The following user(s) said Thank You: SUE C C, Waxwing

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 6 months ago #274108 by BIS
Hi Ivyfox

Many congratulations on a successful paper-based PIP review - that is so good to hear - especially as the result was better than you had anticipated. Hopefully, you won't have to pay any money back!

BIS

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 6 months ago #274135 by ivyfox
Thank you very much.

I hope my positive experience - sadly all too rare - will help to keep others going during their wait.

The letter said there'd be a lump sum payment on 4 October - checked bank balance today (10 October) and it's not there.

Emboldened by the award, I'll telephone them tomorrow to ask what's occurring.

More
1 year 6 months ago #274156 by phrank
Hi ivyfox,

Congratulations on your award.

I don't want to get your hopes up too much, but I once had a standard letter which stated they had paid me too much, etc etc.

Fingers x'd for you but, as I say, the last thing I want to do is raise your hopes. I'd just assume you will have to say it back and if you don't it's a bonus.

Good luck.

Regards,

Phrank.
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
1 year 6 months ago #274177 by LL26
Hi Ivyfox,
Its a big well done from me too. Keep checking the bank account!

LL26

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: ivyfox

More
1 year 6 months ago #274178 by ivyfox
After an hour on hold, I had a very long phone call during which I spoke to 2 different call handlers & finally a Case Manager.

He listened to me, agreed there was no reason for any mention of possible overpayment, then said he needed to confer with Payments and would call me back, if possible within the hour.

He did. Someone had apparently 'withdrawn the approval for payment of the lump sum'. The CM stated that should never have happened & that he'd 'told Payments to send the money to me today, ideally by same day transfer'.

Just checked online balance - Hurrah, it's there!

As all the success stories prior to this kept me going, I truly hope my success story will help others. Thank you all.
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, SUE C C

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.