× Members

Pip review **UPDATE**

More
1 year 4 months ago #276921 by Jon-987
Good afternoon,

I am currently in the process of completing a PIP review form for my partner. So far we are finding the guides on this site extremely helpful.

I just wanted to ask so advice about using information about previous court findings when filling out the review form. For example, the supreme court ruling in 2019 relating to 'Engaging with other people face
to face’ is extremely relevant to my partner's claim. Would it be worth mentioning this ruling when filling out the form or would this likely antagonise the DWP?

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Many thanks
Jon

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 4 months ago #276934 by Gary
Hi Jon-987

Welcome to the forum.

You might want to have a look at the following FAQ which explains where everything is; www.benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/faq/forum

If you believe it will help with your claim then I would add it, remember to treat the review as if you were making a new claim and don't forget to use our guides; benefitsandwork.co.uk/guides-for-claimants/pip

It is perfectly OK for you to type your answers and attach them as extra pages to the form, just make sure that each page has your full name and NIN at the top and that they are numbered, we recommend "page X of Y" so that it is easy to see if pages are missing. Make sure you clearly mark on the form where your answers are and on the relevant page that you are answering question X.

I would not split your answers across the form and attached pages, do one or the other for each activity (not question), splitting it risks the second part of your answer not being read.

Attach the pages to the back of the form using a staple or make a hole in the top left corner and use a treasury tag, string or ribbon to the form. The pages need to be easily detached so that they can be scanned by the DWP.

Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Jon-987

More
1 year 4 months ago #276942 by Jon-987
Thank you so much for this answer!

Just to clarify, as I am going to type up detailed answers to each question, should I just write something like "please find the answer to this question on page xx of my additional notes"

Also, as my partner will find it extremely distressing (autism, social anxiety) to attend a face to face assessment, we want to be able to request a telephone assessment if possible. Would I write about this in section 13 of the review form where it asks for any additional information about her condition?

Many thanks once again

Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
1 year 4 months ago #276947 by BIS
Hi Jon-987

Yes, to writing "please find the answer...."

Yes, request a telephone assessment or a paper-based assessment in section 13

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291606 by Jon-987
Replied by Jon-987 on topic Pip review **UPDATE**
Hello,

It's been a long 16 months but here I am to provide a very happy update to our PIP review process.

I have been acting on behalf of my partner who has been receiving PIP for the last 8 years. 16 months ago we got the dreaded review letter and started our long process to ensure she carried on getting the award she was entitled to.

The good news... today we received the decision letter informing us that her award has been maintained at enhanced daily living and standard mobility. Exactly the same points as her previous award.

Even better news... The award period has been set as 'on going' were it was previously five years. We are so so relieved.

Apart from the long 16 month wait, this was the smoothest review process we have been through so far. My partner did not go through a health assessment, nor was she contacted by anyone at the DWP. The review was entirely paper based.

That being said, I did produce a folder full of evidence that was an inch thick (no exaggeration). The answers provided for the review form totalled 12,000 words and covered every possible question and situation we could think of. We included medical reports, letters, appeal decisions from previous tribunals and a highly detailed (4000 word) letter from myself has her carer. No stone was left unturned. All of this was produced using the guides provided on this site.

I want to say a massive thank you to the Benefits and Work community. We could not have done this without you. The guides provided by this site are invaluable and were 100% what got us through this. This site is without a doubt a literal life saver.

I have one final question if may...?

This review has given an on going award and states that any further review will be after April 2024. Is this what is considered a light touch review?

Many thanks once again, I will be forever grateful.

Jon
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Charlie

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #291607 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Pip review **UPDATE**
Hi Jon-987

Many congratulations on your partner's successful review. We're glad to hear that your found the guides and support invaluable as you tackled the long process. Well done for taking the time to give them such a comprehensive picture of your partner's needs. I'm glad they have been awarded an ongoing award. I assume that the letter said the review will be after April 2034 and not 2024, as per your post.

I can't tell you exactly what the review will be - because originally light touch was going to be for people who had been awarded an ongoing award and enhanced for both mobility and daily living. But honestly, many things could change, and I wouldn't worry about it at this stage. Just enjoy the fact they have an ongoing award now.

BIS

The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Charlie

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.