× Members

PIP Decision wait time after assessment

More
1 year 3 months ago #277623 by Kmb786
Hi

My wife put in a new PIP claim and it will be five weeks tomorrow since she had her video call assessment.

Does anyone know how long DWP take at the moment to send you their decision.

Also, do they text you informing that a decision has been made as she has been getting text updates when she applied for PIP.

Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 year 3 months ago #277643 by Gordon
Replied by Gordon on topic PIP Decision wait time after assessment
Kmb786

Currently there seems to be quite a variation being reported on the forum, 4-12 weeks seems to encompass the vast majority of claims.

I don't think the DWP text that a Decision has been made but perhaps other members who have gone through this part of the process may be able to comment.

Gordon

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #277665 by Bunny1
Replied by Bunny1 on topic PIP Decision wait time after assessment
hi there just to try to be of some help-
i am on a pip Esa face book group. some folk who have had pip review assessment have posted on FB their texts from dwp stating they have been awarded pip. there are usually 2 or 3 in order posted like you get on yr phone texts list - ie 'we have received your report and will make a decision' text -then following a text saying .'we have awarded you pip '. i have NOT seen any posts where the dwp have text if the decision is No . hope that is of some help. good luck x
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
1 year 3 months ago #277696 by Kmb786
Replied by Kmb786 on topic PIP Decision wait time after assessment
Hi

Thank you for the replies.

Just to update, the decision letter came in the post today exactly after five weeks from assessment.

The shocking decision was ZERO points on everything except just two points on Managing toilets needs.

Therefore, she is definately going to request an MR after requesting a copy of the assessors report as we totally disagree with the decision.

As we have 30 days from date of decision letter to request MR, the problem is that the date on the letter is 17th Feb and we just received it today (Sat 4th March) so can we ring PIP and request the assessors report copy and at the same time request them to register our MR as we are short of time and request an extension as we need time to fully write up why we disagree with the decision.

Thanks

More
1 year 3 months ago #277712 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP Decision wait time after assessment
Hi Kmb786

I'm sorry this has happened. Yes, register your MR and see if they will extend the time. If they don't and you haven't received the report - send in your MR and say further information is to follow once you have received the PA4.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
1 year 3 months ago #277722 by Kmb786
Replied by Kmb786 on topic PIP Decision wait time after assessment
Hi

Thanks for the reply.

I spoke to DWP on wife’s behalf I have requested a copy of the assessors report and they haven’t registered the MR request as if they do this they said I need to give them further details about why we don’t agree and wife said it would be too much for her to explain over the phone.

So they suggested that wait for the copy of the assessors report, write up the MR points as to why we disagree and at the end, if we’re over the 30 day limit, just explain that we are over the limit because we received the decision letter two weeks after the date on the letter.

So just going to wait for the report and then take it from there.

Thank you.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.