× Members

Severe Disability Premium(SDP)

More
14 years 2 months ago #14338 by Cocidius
Severe Disability Premium(SDP) was created by Cocidius
I came across information about SDP on the www.hlp.entitledto.co.uk website.

The site suggested that you might be eligible for SDP or another similar premium if you are a single person and
you receive a qualifying disability benefit ( Attendance Allowance, constant Attendance Allowance or the care component of Disability Living Allowance at the middle or highest rate); and.
no-one gets paid Carer's Allowance (CA) for looking after you.

I have not heard of this premium before and wonder if a current recipient of Incapacity Benefit, Higher Rate Mobility and Highest Rate Care Components of DLA would be eligible?

A similar query would be whether the same recipient of IB and DLA would be eligible for Income Support and other premiums?

The www.focusondisability.org.uk website gives information whilst ttp://www.dsdni.gov.uk/index/ssa/benefit_information discusses "Income Support - Premiums" in vague terms.

Does anyone know the eligibilty criteria for these premiums and is there an Income Support entitlement when receiving IB and DLA?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
14 years 2 months ago - 14 years 2 months ago #14345 by Gareth56
Replied by Gareth56 on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium(SDP)
Take a look at this website it may help:-

Premiums

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
Last edit: 14 years 2 months ago by Gareth56.

More
14 years 2 months ago #14347 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium(SDP)
Cocidius wrote:

I came across information about SDP on the www.hlp.entitledto.co.uk website.

The site suggested that you might be eligible for SDP or another similar premium if you are a single person and
you receive a qualifying disability benefit ( Attendance Allowance, constant Attendance Allowance or the care component of Disability Living Allowance at the middle or highest rate); and.
no-one gets paid Carer's Allowance (CA) for looking after you.

I have not heard of this premium before and wonder if a current recipient of Incapacity Benefit, Higher Rate Mobility and Highest Rate Care Components of DLA would be eligible?

A similar query would be whether the same recipient of IB and DLA would be eligible for Income Support and other premiums?

The www.focusondisability.org.uk website gives information whilst ttp://www.dsdni.gov.uk/index/ssa/benefit_information discusses "Income Support - Premiums" in vague terms.

Does anyone know the eligibilty criteria for these premiums and is there an Income Support entitlement when receiving IB and DLA?

Please refer to my reply to the OP in the second and third paragraphs of this recent thread HERE .

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
14 years 2 months ago #15160 by Cocidius
Replied by Cocidius on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium(SDP)
Thanks for your help with this. I am making a claim and shall post the outcome!

• tapsy2901
14 years 2 months ago #15179 by tapsy2901
Replied by tapsy2901 on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium(SDP)
I was infomed today that I would not receve the back pay as my son was getting a carer and therfore my S.DP was not going tob paid - an anyone give info as I was the recipiant of the S.D P not my son

• Survivor
14 years 2 months ago #15185 by Survivor
Replied by Survivor on topic Re:Severe Disability Premium(SDP)
Is it possible that the DWP thinks that your son's carer is living with you?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.