× Members

How long should adult disability payment review take?

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287110 by hippyhappyone
Hi,

I was moved from PIP to ADP. I am on enhanced rate mobility and care. I was due a review in October of last year, I got the forms in September. On the advice of my Welfare rights worker, I ticked the box to say "No change". I am still getting full payment without any problems. The only issues I have is my bus pass is also due to expire and I need a letter to say that I am in receipt of ADP and when it is due to run out. I called SSS and they said, they have received it but no one has picked up my form yet and I am not priority as I am being paid full amount. I also wanted to use the mobility component to get a car on Motability as my mobility is deteriorating but I can't unless I have a letter detailing I have at least a year's award.
Anyone any idea how long this should take?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 months 2 weeks ago #287115 by Gary
Hi hippyhappyone

I have absolutely no idea as it varies across regions, fellow members may be able to give you an up date and a time line as to how long it took them.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: hippyhappyone

More
3 months 1 week ago #287445 by hippyhappyone
Replied by hippyhappyone on topic How long should adult disability payment review take?
Just as an update because it might be helpful to others.
I heard from Social Security Scotland today. I have been re-awarded high rate for both care and mobilty for five years. This is following a simple "no change" application.
It is such a relief as we have never used the mobilty component for a car, preferring to use buses, taxis or hiring cars when necessary but my ability to use public transport is greatly diminished and not likely to get better. We are sussing out a car next week

More
3 months 1 week ago #287447 by Gary
Hi hippyhappyone

Congratulations on your award, you can now rest for at least 4 years.

Personally I do not recommend just ticking boxes with no change, I prefer to give an explanation, if you kept a copy of the original application and there is no change then use the information you originally wrote on the review form adding extra pages if required.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @ADP @ REVIEW

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 2 weeks ago #288105 by Tullulah
Hi , Iā€™m in the same situation regarding bus pass , expires March . Also send ADP form September, no reply. I will ask Money matters who helped complete my form about this. Fingers crossed šŸ¤žšŸ¼

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris