× Members

PIP and driving Please Help

More
2 months 2 days ago #288996 by Holly
PIP and driving Please Help was created by Holly
Hi everyone,

I don't think the last post I wrote worked so here goes again.

I have a PIP review telephone assessment for change in circumstances next week.

My conditions have worsened and brought with them depression and social panic disorders.

I am terrified that PIP will take my license away from me.

I need some advise because hospital have advised that I can drive but not when certain conditions are flared. I adhere to this advise strongly as I want to be safe and keep those around me safe. Currently I have not driven for 4-5 months and prior to that I would only do short journeys with somebody with me in case I needed assistance (CFS and pain from various medical conditions). I also have an eye condition which when flared affects my vision but when not flared does not impact driving.

How can I communicate to PIP that I know when I can drive and when I cant without either them marking me down in other categories or taking my license away from me.

My situation is I currently struggle to leave the house.

I am worried sick.

Please help :-(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 months 2 days ago #289005 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic PIP and driving Please Help
Hi Holly

It can take time for us to approve a post. I have replied to it here benefitsandwork.co.uk/kunena/10-dla-esa-...ing-me-insane#289004

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
2 months 1 day ago #289043 by Holly
Replied by Holly on topic PIP and driving Please Help
Thanks BIS! I didn't realise that they had to be approved :-)

Thanks for your help!

Moderators: GordonlatetrainBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris