× Members

I think I misunderstood what I was being asked...and answered incorrectly

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #289224 by Holly
Hi Everyone,

I had my PIP re-assessment yesterday and I think I misunderstood what the assessor was asking me.

I have been on disease modifying drugs since diagnosed with RA but in December I was moved on to Biosimilar medication. I had been saying to the assessor that I had been put on this new treatment (in addition to my previous treatment) and he asked how long have I been on Disease modifying drugs. I assumed that he was talking about the new meds so I said since December, but I have actually been on them since 2007.

I don't really know what I should do.

This was a change in circumstances re-assessment so I have told them previously about my medication.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
1 month 3 weeks ago #289230 by Chris
Hi Holly,

You could ring the PIP enquiry line and say that you want to correct your evidence based on the assumption that you misunderstood. I can't see any reason why they wouldn't type it up on the computer with additional notes (although I don't believe it's down to them to advise on certain information, you could always ask). Failing that, you could just add it at a later stage during an MR or tribunal hearing, should it go that far. A lot of PIP questions are primarily concerned with "how things affect you on a daily basis".

Hope this helps.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C, Holly

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris