× Members

Post-PIP phone assessment - getting the report

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289728 by River
Hello, I had my assessment for my PIP review claim two weeks ago. At the end of the phone call I asked the assessor how to get a copy of the report, and she said it should be sent to me with the decision letter but if it isn't, I could ask for it at that point.

That is what I did when I originally applied for PIP in 2020. But on this website I've seen that you should ask for it 48 hours after the assessment.

Please can you advise, should I ask for it now and if so what phone number to use? (I asked again when I rang to get the address of where to send additional supporting evidence but they couldn't tell me. I think that was IAS rather than the DWP.)

Presumably it's better to have the report sooner rather than later in case you get a decision you want to appeal and there's a time limit - at a guess.

Many thanks for any replies.
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289731 by BIS
Hi River

The assessor misinformed you. A claimant can request a copy of their report within 48hrs. It's a PA4 - and yes, you should ask for it now. The general PIP claim number is 0800 917 2222, but check your last letter form the DWP and see what it has on there.
BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
3 weeks 5 days ago #289735 by River
Thank you for the information BIS, and thanks to KABTT as well. That's reassuring that you can still get it even if it's not within the 48 hours. Best of luck as you too wait for the decision.

I'll have to find a time when I can spare an hour to be waiting on the phone line...

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290081 by River
Just thought I'd report back that I got the report on Friday, the same day that I got a text saying my PIP review is complete but we're not telling you what the outcome is...

On first reading I thought the report was reasonable, didn't see much in the way of distortion or error or downplaying of my symptoms. I've just been through it again to work out how many points I would get if the decision-maker follows the assessor's recommendations (the report uses the wording of 'needs assistance' etc but doesn't actually give the points). It looks as though I would get enhanced daily living and enhanced mobility (which is what I get now). So that's a relief, though I'm not breathing out just yet...

On the down side the recommendation is for 3 years before another review (last time they recommended 2 years though it ended up being 4). So I'd have to go through the whole thing again but otherwise it looks (touch wood) like a good outcome.

I was dreading getting the report, having read of so many people getting reports and/or decision letters that completely distort their true situation. I just thought I'd post because I wonder if the picture on the forum is weighted towards the people who meet with such huge difficulties. Either I am one of the few who get a pretty good report -- it does sound like many people are treated incredibly badly. Or those with better experiences don't post as much, perhaps.

The long long wait and the anxiety are probably similar for most people though.

Thanks so much to the people behind the guides and the forum, the advice given is invaluable and I haven't seen anywhere else that gives anywhere near as detailed and useful guidance.
The following user(s) said Thank You: libra1, an ex nurse, Sheila 966

More
2 weeks 7 hours ago #290121 by BIS
Hi River

I'm so glad to hear that the outcome looks so positive for you. I hope you get the confirmation letter soon.

Regarding good and bad experiences with assessments and assessors, I think it's natural that the people who have had a bad time (which is many) report more than those who have had a reasonable time. If a member is one of the lucky ones to have a good experience, I think some may be reluctant to say so in case they sound smug or appear they are not sympathetic to people who have had an awful time. We do encourage people to tell us of good experiences, and we always share them when they do, but when it's all over, many just want to put it behind them and not think about it.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, Anji

More
2 weeks 7 hours ago #290125 by River
Thank you BIS. I absolutely understand the wish to put it behind you, if someone has a positive outcome! (Of course, I don't actually have the decision yet so I can't do that just yet.) I hope I didn't sound smug, just wanted to redress the balance a bit. And maybe give others a bit of hope.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.