× Members

PA4 horror - never expected it to be such a dreadful distortion

More
3 weeks 7 hours ago #289896 by KABTT
HI there,

Got my PA4 today - it's littered with inaccuracies as many on this site have found with theirs.

Mods here warned of unfavourable reports rocking us to the core, so not as if I didn't expect horror, suppose we just hope it isn't a lengthy battle depleting energy when we're unwell.

My PA4 conveys no diagnostic references - just vague assumptions compared to the consultant level we processed through the private hospital. I am shocked but weary of it after 6months, I have the tape recording of the interview so can make a case with the guides here.

As the PA4 turned up so did a letter from PIP saying they were in the process of assessing the claim now the HCP report was in. Thing is I don't know whether to ask for a MR now - tomorrow - because our local post service is so bad the DM's assessment and PIP award letter ( of none or any) will be up to two weeks late going by the October 2023 situation where the forms came nearly 3 weeks late and had to be handwritten - quite a task with RA in the hands.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
3 weeks 5 hours ago #289911 by Gary
Hi KABTT

There is a small window for you to write to the Decision Maker but you will need to be quick.

Understand that the assessor is offering an opinion when they say that you can do the PIP activities, tackling these head-on is unlikely to be successful, you need to show that the basis of that opinion is founded on incorrect information, so try and refer to your evidence to undermine what they have said.

Also, try and stick to issues that lead to your scoring points, I often hear members referring to the assessors spelling, as an example, whilst it may show a lack of professionalism, raising it as an issue isn't going to help you get an award.

Lastly, make sure that you understand the criteria that you are being assessed against you can put the best case forward that is possible but you won't score points if you do not meet the PIP Descriptors.

Make sure that your letter makes it clear that you are not requesting a Mandatory Reconsideration but you reserve the right to do so once a Decision has been made.

Gary

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT

More
3 weeks 5 hours ago #289915 by Sheila 966
Evening KABTT, all I can advise is that you complain to the Assessment provider asap, by email if possible,and copy in the DWP - by recorded letter, or online if you have that option.

We have just had 'our' zero point assessment 'reviewed' by a Capita 'Clinical Advisor' - they are recalling the original PA4 from the DWP and are updating it to reflect the recording evidence, telephone assessment, evidence submitted with the review and previous history.

At the time of writing I have no idea whether the DWP have responded to their request to return the case files, but I'm keeping my fingers crossed!

Wishing you all good luck :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Wendy Woo, Anji

More
3 weeks 4 hours ago #289918 by KABTT
 Used to handle doctors' reports in a private hospital so I saw how they went from one step to another in diagnosis, using terms, digraphs, drawings, equations to each other. Also worked for Ipsos and know a report has to flow logically one step to another;

The HCP report is based on assumption, not related to my notes, conditions and of what was said/answered. I was taken aback by the comments on activities, - assumptions were made without reference to responses given or medical notes.

As I've done data input and paid per interview it was that area I saw - how I interpreted client responses mattered but with the HCP interview there isn't that tight focus on the clients response, feels your words are just hanging in the wind, assumed ahead of you.

Thank you Gary - lifts the spirts to know guidance and the guides here are good. Helps a lot
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Anji

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289932 by Anji
Hi KABBT

It will be little consolation to know you are not alone in this. I wish I had realised that we could complain to Capita, but out PA4 took so long to arrive that it was past the point of being able to. For my son, I went through the report and, as Gary suggested, stuck very much to issues that would score points, things the assessor had not considered in both the evidence we submitted and the evidence we gave in the interview. There were also a load of errors and inaccuracies which I addressed in a very matter-of-fact approach.

Fingers crossed, and I would definitely complain if you are within the timeframe for doing so. If not, best of luck with the MR and do keep us informed of how you get on!!

Anji
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Wendy Woo

More
2 weeks 6 days ago #289968 by River
So sorry to read this, that's awful. Best of luck trying to get things rectified.

I'm afraid of this for myself as well, as I am waiting for the report (assessment was three weeks ago - I rang up yesterday to ask for the report) and dreading receiving it.

What is the 'window' where you can write to the assessor, if it's a report you feel is unfair please?
The following user(s) said Thank You: KABTT , Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.