× Members

Complaint Against Capita Continued

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290198 by Sheila 966
Complaint Against Capita Continued was created by Sheila 966
Just to update: As some of you know, I complained to Capita about my daughters PA4 Assessment Report, we won the complaint and my daughters case files were returned to Capita on the 12th for the PA4 to be updated - the DWP instructed Capita to return the PA4 by 16th April.

Today I rang the DWP for a copy of the amended PA4 - and got more than I bargained for, the agent advised that the amended PA4 had been received yesterday and that an award letter had already been sent out.

They have awarded her enhanced/enhanced until 2030 - the relief is amazing ...............

I'd just like to thank everyone that supported me during this time - and, of course the site owners for the invaluable guides ...... I now have a whole file ready for the Mandatory Reconsideration that, thankfully, is now unnecessary!

Lastly, something to bear in mind: timescales, if you are unhappy with the Assessment/PA4 Report - complain immediately - by letter/email/telephone - doesn't matter how - just do it and send an advice of the complaint to the DWP for their attention. It would seem that most reviews are piling up in a queue and in our case the complaint was reviewed by Capita in time for the DWP Caseworker to be led by the amended report.

Who knows, maybe this instance could be used as 'evidence' for allowing claimants to view and comment on reports before decisions are made?

Anyway - thanks to you all once again for the support, special shout out to WendyWoo - who gave me real hope, via her own experience, that we'd get there in the end! :)
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Wendy Woo, C, LL26, Anji, Blueberry Owl

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 16 hours ago #290222 by BIS
Replied by BIS on topic Complaint Against Capita Continued
Hi Sheila 966

You and your daughter have been through so much. Many congratulations. I am so glad that you fought them and were victorious. It shows how important it is to have an assessment recorded - because you could show so easily that the report bore no resemblance to what had happened. Talk about a 360 degree about face. I hope the assessor has been removed. And I'm glad you have a six year award (though the next review form will pop up after five years). Annoying that you weren't given ongoing - but still a great victory.

BIS

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, Anji

More
2 weeks 15 hours ago #290230 by Blueberry Owl
Replied by Blueberry Owl on topic Complaint Against Capita Continued
Well done Sheila.

They don’t like it up em!
The following user(s) said Thank You: denby, KABTT , Sheila 966, Anji

More
2 weeks 15 hours ago #290231 by den1mon
Replied by den1mon on topic Complaint Against Capita Continued
I'm sure I read this same post on the scope forum today.
Thanks for sharing.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966

More
2 weeks 14 hours ago #290241 by Gary
Replied by Gary on topic Complaint Against Capita Continued
Hi Sheila 966

Congratulations and well done, you will give forum members hope when they come across a similar situation.

I am tagging my reply so that the back office also get to read your encouraging post.

Gary

Tags: @RESULT @PIP @ COMPLAINT

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, C, Anji

More
2 weeks 13 hours ago #290249 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic Complaint Against Capita Continued
Hello Sheila,

So glad to hear this - the news I've been waiting for! I can relax as well now, especially as Donna's daughter has also received a good result!

I was cautiously optimistic that common sense would prevail in the end.

Hope Anji reads these messages and it inspires her to continue the fight!

Best wishes to all of you,

Wendy Woo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Sheila 966, Anji

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.