× Members

DWP Home Visit Apointee.

More
2 weeks 4 days ago #290754 by raindaisy
DWP Home Visit Apointee. was created by raindaisy
Hi

over Covid , Motobility wouldn't pay my Husbands 'refund' direct to me. First time this had happened. I'm 30 yrs his Carer now, I've managed all the benefits , mobility etc shinnegans without being Apointee . OH doesn't have bank account, doesn't use the Internet, doesn't have a smart phone cant text , wouldn't know what an email is , the stroke and 30 yrs of medications have left him cognitively challenged to say the least.
BUT ...Motobility insisted I become an Appointee for his DLA , in order for him recipe these Covid payments .
So I did. Filled in a form. Sorted. That was 4 years ago.
Now got a call out of blue, no formal letter, DWP want to do a home check on Appointee status, saying now catching up with missed checks over Covid.
We have nothing to hide , we are both dealing with chronic illness daily , look after each other now best we can , with some outside help .
Just wondered if anyone else out there also got a cold call to visit on Apointee? Or , since recent nasty party election policies, am I being a tad paranoid?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290772 by Chris
Replied by Chris on topic DWP Home Visit Apointee.
Hi raindaisy,

Post approved, and hopefully someone can respond to you should this have happened to them or anyone they know.
My likely guess is because of all the changes the tories are trying to implement, DWP staff are being forced into checking everyone/everything - especially considering there's strong talks about bringing AI on board to search through people's claims and bank accounts.

Regards, Chris.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems
The following user(s) said Thank You: C

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290786 by Wendy Woo
Replied by Wendy Woo on topic DWP Home Visit Apointee.
Hello,

This happened to another member recently. I remember it because it was relevant to me and several others. Hopefully, the member concerned will see your post and be able to reply to you themselves, but in case they don't, if you search for posts from Filey entitled "PIP tribunal and dwp phone call" you should find some reassuring information, particularly really helpful advice on the legal aspects of this from one of the Mods, LL26. The home visit in this case had a positive outcome, so I hope yours will too.

Best wishes,

Wendy Woo
The following user(s) said Thank You: Chris

More
2 weeks 3 days ago #290802 by Jones1988
Replied by Jones1988 on topic DWP Home Visit Apointee.
During Covid visiting officers were in lockdown so appointees were interviewed over the phone. This was a temporary system for Covid and now appointees are being interviewed face to face, usually in their homes.
The following user(s) said Thank You: Gary

More
2 weeks 2 days ago #290834 by Filey
Replied by Filey on topic DWP Home Visit Apointee.
Hello again Wendy! Yes, I've just seen this post. I had a very similar phone call out the blue too. If you go on my threads on my posts , this will explain everything to you on there , so I don't have to retype. Feel free to ask any questions. My experience with the home visit was very polite and nice people and a positive experience. All they do, is check with the person if they still feel the need for an appointee and the chat is an informal one. So hopefully your experience will be the same. Please let me know how you get on and try not to worry and good luck. 🙂
The following user(s) said Thank You: raindaisy, Sheila 966, Wendy Woo, Gary

More
2 weeks 1 day ago #290858 by raindaisy
Replied by raindaisy on topic DWP Home Visit Apointee.
Hi Filey
thank you so much ! I'm now reassured and have got all relevant Motobility letters and also recent neurologist letters stating his memory loss etc is to do the strokes, pain and burden of medications and not dementia. So that will help. OH 2ill be present, and can speak for himself . I'll stay on point and thank you all for your input. what would I do without this site all these years?? xx
The following user(s) said Thank You: Wendy Woo, Chris

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.