× Members

DLA - consequences of applying?

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #20504 by lainie
DLA - consequences of applying? was created by lainie
The Compliance officer, the WHFRA medical examiner and the Job Centre Advisor all told me I should apply for DLA. I have filled out the forms - in great detail thanks to this site, but am worried now about the consequences. What actually happens when they receive your form? Secondly, do you have to attend medicals or do they just take your latest ATOS one as evidence. And thirdly, how much do they spy on you? My recent experiences (I should add I was completely exonerated of any fraud whatsoever, after a malicious person attempted to make trouble for me) have made me very nervous about the sneaks and snoopers out there! Any advice from anyone who has any experience of this?? Thanks, Happy Bank Hols weekend, Lainie x

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 9 months ago #20512 by anne
Replied by anne on topic Re: DLA - consequences of applying?
I too was very cautious about applying for DLA. I was encouraged to do so by an OT and eventually I rattled off the form.After about 2 weeks I had a notification that they were contacting my GP and approx 2 weeks later I was notified that I had been awarded DLA LRM & LRC. I had not had an ATOS medical at the time and did not have to attend a medical re the DLA. I really don't think you have to worry. My understanding (courtesy of B&W) is that an application for DLA is separate from an application for IB/ESA and they have no bearing on each other. As far as I know I was not spyed upon although I must admit it didn't occur to me that this was a possibility.

More
13 years 9 months ago #20519 by Steve Donnison
Replied by Steve Donnison on topic Re: DLA - consequences of applying?
Hi lainie,

If you've had a recent benefits medical it's quite likely that they will use this as evidence when considering your application. The vast majority of people do not get a medical for DLA - the group mmost likely to are those to whom higher rate mobility amy be awarded.

People don't get spied on because they put in a claim for DLA.

Good luck,

Steve

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 9 months ago #20520 by anne
Replied by anne on topic Re: DLA - consequences of applying?
Steve - please do not rush to reply - enjoy the holiday. I would like to know if it works the other way around.i.e. is the info a claimant gives on applying for DLA used by ATOS as part of assessment for IB/ESA?

• lainie
  • Topic Author
13 years 9 months ago #20557 by lainie
Replied by lainie on topic Re: DLA - consequences of applying?
Thanks to you all for your kind replies. I feel that if as I suppose I am being spied on for ESA then I might just as well be spied on for DLA and hopefully get some more money. Thanks again! Posted today! Lainie x

• millymoo
13 years 9 months ago #20560 by millymoo
Replied by millymoo on topic Re: DLA - consequences of applying?
This is an area that i am very interested in. I had to apply for esa last year i have severe crohn's and had also had an accident which resulted in me breaking my arm. I was asked to attend a medical for esa and was turned down. I decided to appeal after speaking to CAB and following a report from my GP DWP overturned the original decision and have now awarded me esa and believe it or not have been placed in the support group. I also get DLA MCC but my condition is much worse but it is up for review in July and i had to complete the short form although i did attatch additional information. To date i havnt heard anything but this only went in 2 weeks ago. I was just wondering if my recent award of esa would help with my application for DLA. I did actually say in the extra info that i have been awarded esa (support group) as of Jan 2010. I would be extremly grateful for any advice on this as i really dont know how much more stress i can go through with all of this.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.