× Members

ESA Appeal Today

• marionf010856@aol.com
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago #21321 by marionf010856@aol.com
ESA Appeal Today was created by marionf010856@aol.com
Went to appeal with my son who has Asperger's Syndrome and we won. He has been on ESA for a year now and I can't believe how short a time it took for the panel to allow our appeal. In fact the judge spoke about putting my son on Schedule 3. which I believe means he won't have anything to to with Job Centre Plus or having to attend work-focused interviews. We have to wait for a letter confirming this but I am just so pleased and relieved. I have no idea how many points they awarded my son but he started with 9 for difficulties in getting about before we went to appeal. Please accept a big thank you from me for all the help and information I have received from being a member. It took weeks of reading, thinking and writing and in many ways it was a relief to finally be able to submit our evidence. Our next hurdle is the DLA renewal but I've got a few weeks rest before that comes up!

Many many thanks.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• kathy1
13 years 11 months ago #21346 by kathy1
Replied by kathy1 on topic Re: ESA Appeal Today
Well done Marion for securing your son's ESA and the best of luck with the DLA.

Kathy x

• marionf010856@aol.com
  • Topic Author
More
13 years 11 months ago - 13 years 11 months ago #21463 by marionf010856@aol.com
Replied by marionf010856@aol.com on topic Re:ESA Appeal Today
marionf wrote:

Went to appeal with my son who has Asperger's Syndrome and we won. He has been on ESA for a year now and I can't believe how short a time it took for the panel to allow our appeal. In fact the judge spoke about putting my son on Schedule 3. which I believe means he won't have anything to to with Job Centre Plus or having to attend work-focused interviews. We have to wait for a letter confirming this but I am just so pleased and relieved. I have no idea how many points they awarded my son but he started with 9 for difficulties in getting about before we went to appeal. Please accept a big thank you from me for all the help and information I have received from being a member. It took weeks of reading, thinking and writing and in many ways it was a relief to finally be able to submit our evidence. Our next hurdle is the DLA renewal but I've got a few weeks rest before that comes up!

Many many thanks.

Just want to give an update. My son received a total of 30 points - a lot more than the original 9 he had been awarded and was also put into the support group. I can't express how I feel. Going through this process was hard and very worrying but I feel grateful we came before a panel who were courteous, open-minded and not at all cynical and at the end of the day, believed us.
Last edit: 13 years 11 months ago by Steve Donnison. Reason: To remove email address

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris