× Members

reconsideration of renewal dla claim

• stephenjade
  • Topic Author
13 years 10 months ago #22566 by stephenjade
reconsideration of renewal dla claim was created by stephenjade
I recently filled in my 4 page renewal form. nothing had changed so thought i would be ok. the shock news came that i was still awarded full mobility but middle care allowance not decreased but stopped completely. i rang to find ouy why and was told i could have a reconsideration. i went to my GP who seemed to think i could o everything myself even though i have not seen him for 2 yrs - i deal with my consultant for heart problems. i asked him to write back to tell them he had got things wrong and that he had not seen me for 2 yrs. this he did. i also,as suggested by BAW sent more evidence from medical taken for ESA, a letter from a friend. after nearly 10 wks (they tell u up to 11 wks possible) i got a new award inclusive of middle rate care. the problem is, if u lose your middle rate care of £47.80 u lose the severe disability premium of ESA of about £53 . that it one hell of a drop and thanks to your site i am now able to plan ahead.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22578 by sarahlv
Replied by sarahlv on topic Re:reconsideration of renewal dla claim
why do the DWP put people through all this stress. I have been getting higher mobility and lower care for 16 years, when it came up for renewal in february I was told I wasn't entitled, nothing has changed, in fact its gots worse, I received a second decision last week again saying I wasn't entitled, now I have to appeal, I am so glad I have found this site, reading yours and others experiences gives me hope. I have lost my disability element of working tax credit because of DWP.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris