× Members

Tribunals Service responding to letters

More
13 years 8 months ago #23120 by Doris
Over the past four months, I have sent three letters via recorded delivery to the tribunal services regarding my case and never had a reply to any.

Do they have to respond ?

Oh,, and hi :)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Sherlock
13 years 8 months ago #23122 by Sherlock
Replied by Sherlock on topic Re:Tribunals Service responding to letters
Give them a phone call and ask for a response.

(-:

• pete17971
13 years 8 months ago #23125 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Tribunals Service responding to letters
Doris wrote:

Over the past four months, I have sent three letters via recorded delivery to the tribunal services regarding my case and never had a reply to any.

Do they have to respond ?

Oh,, and hi :)

Hi,

I am aware some government departments no longer issue routine acknowledgments unless asked for. The basis I believe was on cost grounds, particularly if correspondance is sent to them by recorded/special delivery where the sender can print off the 'delivered status' on the Royal Mail website or ring Royal Mail to confirm delivery.

In the case of complaints or comments about the department however, the tribunals service do send acknowledgments within 10 days see:

tribunals.gov.uk/Tribunals/Common/contact.htm

Pete

More
13 years 8 months ago #23133 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic Re:Tribunals Service responding to letters
Every time I go near that word 'complaint' it backfires on me :(

I've telephoned the Tribunal service a couple of times. They adjourned my appeal six months ago to request an EMP report and notes from my GP. They confirmed receipt of all the information five months ago. When I first telephoned them I was told they had all my paperwork and it would be sent out within two weeks. When a month went by and nothing turned up, I telephoned again and was told it could take upto two years and I would just have to wait.

I've wrote back a few times since and never received a reply back. So thought it might be worth checking if there was anything I could do before I'm buried and my will is read out :blink:

More
13 years 8 months ago #23279 by Doris
Replied by Doris on topic Re:Tribunals Service responding to letters
Can I just bring this back :)

• pete17971
13 years 8 months ago #23284 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:Tribunals Service responding to letters
Doris wrote:

Can I just bring this back :)

Sorry I am not exactly sure what you mean by the above post?.

If you are enquiring as to how long it will take for your appeal to be heard, it is quite impossible to say. It depends on factors such as how many other appeals are pending in your area. Some areas maybe busier than others but for example with numerous ESA claims going to tribunal there could a long wait in some areas.

Pete

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.