× Members

In the longer term.

• Ranald
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #24984 by Ranald
In the longer term. was created by Ranald
Hello guys, i would be glad to hear some of your opinions on a particular question on the ESA medical report form.

page 40 number 35 of ESA85 medical report form, the options are as follows:-

"I advise that a return to work could be considered within": 3/ 6/ 12/ 18 months, no boxes have been ticked.

" I advise that a return to work is unlikely within: For at least 2 years or In the longer term, the in the longer term box has been ticked.

If this doctor is implying that i may never return to work why would i be placed in the Work related activity group?

I have MD which is progressive, i would like to appeal and ask to be transferred to the Support Group but after all i have read i am scared i might lose what i have already been awarded!

Any thoughts greatly appreciated.

Chris.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #25000 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:In the longer term.
Hi Ranald

Due to the bizarre nature of ESA, it is quite possible for somebody to be unfit for work and not likely to improve, but still not disabled enough to qualify for the support group, and therefore be expected to undertake work-related activities even though there is no chance of returning to work.

I would suggest you seek advice from a welfare rights worker who may be able to advise you on whether you satisfy any of the support group descriptors and whether there is any risk of being found fit for work on appeal.

You can see what the test requires on page 26 of the Understanding ESA guide in the members area.

Best of luck

Derek

• Ranald
  • Topic Author
13 years 8 months ago #25008 by Ranald
Replied by Ranald on topic Re:In the longer term.
Thanks for the reply Derek, i think that i shall contact Welfare Rights after all, it can't hurt.
The money is not really much different and now that i have had work Focus Interview 5 i only need to attend every 6 months instead of monthly but it is the principle.

Thanks, Chris.

• sleepystardust
13 years 8 months ago #25110 by sleepystardust
Replied by sleepystardust on topic Re:In the longer term.
how do you contact or find a welfare rights advisor please?

More
13 years 8 months ago #25115 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re:In the longer term.
Hi Sleepystardust, Your local council offices usually have them situated there, or your loccal CAB should have details. If you are receiving any hospital treatments alot of hospitals now have welfare rights advisers at the hospital, Its worth a try. Best Wishes

More
13 years 8 months ago #25116 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:In the longer term.
sleepystardust wrote:

how do you contact or find a welfare rights advisor please?

You could try the website at Community Legal Advice.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.