× Members

Addendum WCA Internal Review - was it adopted?

More
13 years 7 months ago #25243 by mermaid
I am a bit confused with regard to the Addendum - the Work Capability Assessment Internal Review by the Chief Medical Adviser done in Mar 2010. Was it actually adopted or did the election stop the process?
Here is the link to it:
www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-capability-asse...-review-addendum.pdf
The reason I ask is that there is some useful stuff in it regarding fluctuating conditions and it says in the Intro that the proposals were submitted to and accepted by the Sec of State.
Or is this part of the package that will happen in October?
I have quoted from this in my medical assessment form but think I maybe should not have done if it has not actually been adopted yet.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25247 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:Addendum WCA Internal Review - was it adopted?
mermaid wrote:

I am a bit confused with regard to the Addendum - the Work Capability Assessment Internal Review by the Chief Medical Adviser done in Mar 2010. Was it actually adopted or did the election stop the process?
Here is the link to it:
www.dwp.gov.uk/docs/work-capability-asse...-review-addendum.pdf
The reason I ask is that there is some useful stuff in it regarding fluctuating conditions and it says in the Intro that the proposals were submitted to and accepted by the Sec of State.
Or is this part of the package that will happen in October?
I have quoted from this in my medical assessment form but think I maybe should not have done if it has not actually been adopted yet.

As far as I am aware, the addendum was never adopted because there was insufficient to time to draft and implement the required regulations, before the general election.

The current government has asked for a review of the PCA which will be conducted by Professor M Harrington. It is anticipated that the results of the review willl be published towards the end of the year, prior to the main phase of the migration of IB claimants to ESA.

The results of the review may therefore make the addendum to the WCA as proposed, irrelevant.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 7 months ago #25249 by choogle
Thanks for posting this link, it makes for some interesting reading.

I notice on p9 that it says: These have now been accepted by the Secretary of State and will form the basis for further legislative changes to support the introduction of a revised WCA.

It is clear that with further experience of the operation of the WCA, including the impact of the revised WCA, further refinements are likely to be required to ensure an ever more accurate and fair assessment. Further reviews of the WCA will therefore be required in the future.

I believe there is meant to be further announcements of potential revision of the WCA in the coming months (weeks?). I hope that these revised wordings are in place by October, because some of them could significantly impact on how my own IB migration review progresses.

At the moment I'm finding myself keeping notes with links to helpful information (like this) so that I have a comparatively handy store of info to be accesssing if need be.

More
13 years 7 months ago #25258 by mistynow
choogle wrote:

further refinements are likely to be required to ensure an ever more accurate and fair assessment. Further reviews of the WCA will therefore be required in the future.[/i]

My translation, some are still managing to get into the support group which cannot be allowed to happen :(

Allied with the propsed re-testing for DLA which will follow possibly a similar format and the increase in pension age for women, I used to cope mentally with my physical disability and never suffered from depressio but now.....

More
13 years 7 months ago #25266 by Timewarp

I used to cope mentally with my physical disability and never suffered from depressio but now.....

Always having been someone who perhaps thinks too much, and knows a bit more than I sometimes wish I did, I'm told I spend rather a lot of time these days either very depressed, or in a mindset of "make my day, ....". Or both.
For which I would not of course just dream of blaming certain corporate interests and politicians.
:angry
:

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.