× Members

What to do?

More
13 years 8 months ago #25462 by Judy
What to do? was created by Judy
My daughter has DLA MRM LRC awarded indefinitely, I halso have a sick note from the doctor for one month to cover her for the filling in of the ESA form.

My question is this, I cannot get them to send me the form they insist on doing it over the phone, is this normal? I just want the form sent to me so I can fill it in without having to rush the answers like over the phone will happen.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 8 months ago #25474 by Crazydiamond
Replied by Crazydiamond on topic Re:What to do?
Judy wrote:

My daughter has DLA MRM LRC awarded indefinitely, I halso have a sick note from the doctor for one month to cover her for the filling in of the ESA form.

My question is this, I cannot get them to send me the form they insist on doing it over the phone, is this normal? I just want the form sent to me so I can fill it in without having to rush the answers like over the phone will happen.

If you are referring to the ESA claim form, you do not have to make an ESA claim by telephone. Paper claims are perfectly acceptable if you prefer this method, and can be downloaded from the Directgov website by scrolling down to the section entitled "Downloading a claim form." from this link HERE.

Jobcentreplus offices are duty bound to accept paper claims for ESA, so if they inform you to the contrary and return the form with a request to claim by telephone, return it via the customer service manager based at the relevant office. It is unlawful not to give a valid decision on all claims for social security benefits, and paper claims are no exception.

Nothing on this board constitutes legal advice - always consult a professional about specific problems

More
13 years 8 months ago #25475 by Derek4
Replied by Derek4 on topic Re:What to do?
Hi Judy

When you claim ESA over the phone, although the call can last half an hour, they only take details about the claim and claimant such as personal details, medical condition, doctor’s address, income and savings, etc. You will receive a separate medical form (ESA50) through the post, which you will have six weeks to complete.

When you say you can't get them to send you a form, I'm not sure whether you are referring to Jobcenterplus or the ESA claims line.

If it's Jobcentreplus and you are still not happy giving this information over the phone, I would suggest that you phone the ESA claim line and tell them that you do not feel comfortable giving information over the phone for the reasons you mentioned, and ask them to send you a form through the post.

If you have already tried this, please send another post.

Best wishes

Derek

More
13 years 8 months ago #25484 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:What to do?
Ah thank you for that Crazy Diamond. I thought it was odd they wouldn't send me the form to fill in.

More
13 years 8 months ago #25515 by Judy
Replied by Judy on topic Re:What to do?
DepressedDerek wrote:

Hi Judy

When you claim ESA over the phone, although the call can last half an hour, they only take details about the claim and claimant such as personal details, medical condition, doctor’s address, income and savings, etc. You will receive a separate medical form (ESA50) through the post, which you will have six weeks to complete.

When you say you can't get them to send you a form, I'm not sure whether you are referring to Jobcenterplus or the ESA claims line.

If it's Jobcentreplus and you are still not happy giving this information over the phone, I would suggest that you phone the ESA claim line and tell them that you do not feel comfortable giving information over the phone for the reasons you mentioned, and ask them to send you a form through the post.

If you have already tried this, please send another post.

Best wishes

Derek

Thank you Derek, all is sorted now. Thank you for all the help here to both of you.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.