× Members

ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble!

More
13 years 6 months ago #26181 by David
ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble! was created by David
Finally got my appeal heard today after waiting over a year. Was originally awarded 12 points at the assessment last July, raised to 15 points today which was all I needed to succeed. So people with ME/CFS can win.

Thanks to benefitsandwork for the information which helped and my local CAB who put a submission together. Next stop: DLA (and a Blue Badge and a wheelchair from my GP so I can go out occasionally!)

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 6 months ago #26182 by Jeff1
Replied by Jeff1 on topic Re: ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble!
Well Done, and thank for letting us know, It gives people hope everytime we hear stories like yours. Best Wishes

• Eliza
13 years 6 months ago #26432 by Eliza
Replied by Eliza on topic Re: ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble!
Seems that a lot of the reports of ESA being denied are cases of ME/CFS. Perhaps a class action for breaches of the DDA could be started against the DWP??

• michelle
13 years 5 months ago #29095 by michelle
Replied by michelle on topic Re: ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble!
Hi im just putting in a appeal for esa and i have cfs/me and fibromyalgia, i also suffer with ibs chronically. Any tips for my tribunal? i was awarded 12 points both for being unable to walk any great distance, i have other physical disabitlities but they has been disrigarded for some reason.

michelle

More
13 years 5 months ago #30562 by anne
Replied by anne on topic Re: ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble!
I have my appeal in two weeks. I read somewhere I shold have a rep, but I haven't done that. Is it ok to go myself? I feel a fraud, because I am ok as long as I don't do much, but as soon as I try to do things that require normal physical level of activity I get tired,sore muscles and everything else, so I keep my activity level low. I keep trying to do more to prove to myself I can't. But I know I couldn't work. Anyone else feel like this?

• jules Baggs
13 years 5 months ago #30566 by jules Baggs
Replied by jules Baggs on topic Re: ESA Appeal Success - Harrumble!
Anne, yes, I feel just like that. I have had FMS (fibromyalgia syndrome) for 12 years, I have IBS with it, get serious headaches at least once a week, ache from head to toe most of the time, but scored 0 points on the WCA and recently had my appeal disallowed. Life is hard, isn't it?

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.