× Members

RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres

• Bad Back Bill
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26605 by Bad Back Bill
RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres was created by Bad Back Bill
My nearest is approx half a hours drive,A.T.O.S even offered to provide a taxi;-PROBLEM 1:-I cannot sit for more than 15-20minutes without discomfort.
PROBLEM 2:-The assessment is in a building on level 4 with no lift.
Explained to the possibility of attending was slightly unrealistic.
Their response was to offer another appointment in an assessment centre 1.5 hours away.Explained once more this was not a possibility requested a home assessment ( still awaiting a reply) :(

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• pete17971
13 years 6 months ago #26608 by pete17971
Replied by pete17971 on topic Re:RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres
Bad Back Bill wrote:

My nearest is approx half a hours drive,A.T.O.S even offered to provide a taxi;-PROBLEM 1:-I cannot sit for more than 15-20minutes without discomfort.
PROBLEM 2:-The assessment is in a building on level 4 with no lift.
Explained to the possibility of attending was slightly unrealistic.
Their response was to offer another appointment in an assessment centre 1.5 hours away.Explained once more this was not a possibility requested a home assessment ( still awaiting a reply) :(

Hi,

If you don't get any joy, it could be time to enlist the help of your local MP.

Pete

• Bad Back Bill
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26609 by Bad Back Bill
Replied by Bad Back Bill on topic Re:RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres
Cheers Pete,
I have retained photo copies of all communications with A.T.O.S medical evidence provided,letters I have forwarded to them etc local M.P seems a good idea.

• Catherine
13 years 6 months ago #26787 by Catherine
Replied by Catherine on topic Re:RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres
Hi Bad Back Bill.

Have i read your post correctly? Are you saying that the medical centre you were asked to attend is on a fourth floor and the building has no lift?

Laws about accessibility for people with disabilities were brought in years ago.

I find it incredulous that a medical centre of all things could be housed on an upper floor without a lift.

Is this for real?

Best wishes

• Barkthedog
13 years 6 months ago #26789 by Barkthedog
Replied by Barkthedog on topic Re:RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres
Catherine wrote:

Hi Bad Back Bill.

Have i read your post correctly? Are you saying that the medical centre you were asked to attend is on a fourth floor and the building has no lift?

Laws about accessibility for people with disabilities were brought in years ago.

I find it incredulous that a medical centre of all things could be housed on an upper floor without a lift.

Is this for real?

Best wishes

I couldn't agree more. This defies logic, sensibility and the disability discrimination act.

BTD

• Bad Back Bill
  • Topic Author
13 years 6 months ago #26972 by Bad Back Bill
Replied by Bad Back Bill on topic Re:RE E.S.A Medicals Assessment Centres
Yes Catherine You have read this posting correctly.The information was also verified by the A.T.O.S helpline.Apologies for the late response to your inquiry.

Moderators: GordonGaryBISCatherineWendyKellygreekqueenpeterKatherineSuper UserjimmckChris
We use cookies

We use cookies on our website. Some of them are essential for the operation of the site, while others help us to improve this site and the user experience (tracking cookies). You can decide for yourself whether you want to allow cookies or not. Please note that if you reject them, you may not be able to use all the functionalities of the site.